Making the user unable to close a compiled .exe

• Developers

This one has been asked before too and the answer is simple:

• In case the user has Admin right he will be able to kill the process as he should.
  • In case the User has only user level access and the script is ran with other credentials, the user will not be able to kill it.

Any other scenario's you like to review? If yes then start with explaining what that could be and why.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

19 minutes ago, Jos said:

If yes then start with explaining what that could be and why.

I would have one idea (interesting to me) but I will wait patiently for the answer of the main questioner.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

43 minutes ago, Jos said:

This one has been asked before too and the answer is simple:

• In case the user has Admin right he will be able to kill the process as he should.
  • In case the User has only user level access and the script is ran with other credentials, the user will not be able to kill it.

Any other scenario's you like to review? If yes then start with explaining what that could be and why.

Jos

i don't want to let those damn slaves close my botnet backdoor obviously jos.

on a serious note; i heard of rootkits that prevent the user from closing the process. like anti virus software does.

is there any way to achieve this ? maybe not with autoit, but it should be possible with a lower level language so is there a way to write a c++ rootkit for this and implement it in autoit? 

• Developers
Just now, rietjevaldo said:

is there any way to achieve this ?

Making a smart remark doesn't relief you from answering my questions. So try again.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

6 minutes ago, Jos said:

ok... final chance before that 3rd strike is implemented.

come on that was pretty clever lol

anyway u speak english too well for me and since english is the fourth language i learned i didn't understand what you ment in your initial post

please rephrase your question sir

• Developers

Stop trying to play with me and put in the effort of reading my initial reply in this thread.
Next kick your brain in gear and think before you start typing.
Then finally ask a explicit question about the scenario's i've defined  or else answer the question in case these 2 options do not apply for you.

.. and claiming you don't understand English well enough doesn't fly as you do understand it quite well as you've proven in the past. 

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

8 minutes ago, Jos said:

Stop trying to play with me and put in the effort of reading my initial reply in this thread.
Next kick your brain in gear and think before you start typing.
Then finally ask a explicit question about the scenario's i've defined  or else answer the question in case these 2 options do not apply for you.

.. and claiming you don't understand English well enough doesn't fly as you do understand it quite well as you've proven in the past. 

Jos 

Mate what the hell i know you are a volunteer and all that but there is no reason for you to respond in a toxic way

saying that i understand the question when i dont is pathetic, the reason my attitude is like this can also be found in your attitude! 

• Developers

Not your mate and doubt I'll ever be. As to the way you are currently getting answers is what you have earned by acting up as you did in the past.
I think my initial answer was quite professional considering you past, but you again insisted to act smart.

I am going to stop this discussion here and now and close this topic as you aren't willing to be helped in a normal fashion.
Do not open a new thread on the same topic!

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked this topic
  • Moderators

@rietjevaldo I am going to let you know now that Jos is a whole lot nicer than I am. Every single one of your posts thus far has been closed due to you acting like a childish jackass. I would reflect on this before you post again; as far as I am concerned, this forum would be better off without you. That is exactly what is going to happen with another thread like this one.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!