Sending video record key (Win-Alt-R) in Windows 10

Hello, 

I have a puzzling issue.  I'm using AutoIT with VBA in Excel to capture an Windows 10 IE browser window with video.  This is done in Win 10 by sending the LWIN-ALT-R keys.  I've got everything working upto the point the recording actually starts.  However, it stops the recording after 2 seconds.  Whereas the video recorder is supposed to continue until the IE window closes.  

I initiate AutoIT in VBA and have a new object:

Dim autoit As AutoItX3
Set autoit = New AutoItX3

My last command in the VBA subroutine is:

autoit.send ("#!r")

Clicking WIN-ALT-R manually works just fine - the entire session is recorded until the browser window (automatically) closes.  

Thanks much in advance for any expert guidance!

Rusty

Just to confirm - you're saying the video recording does not abruptly stop after a few seconds?  It continues on until the entire video is done and the browser window closes?  

Thanks, 

Rusty

The code is quite large and messy.   Allow me to summarize the steps followed. 

Note: The entire code is built in Excel VBA.  I found out VBA cannot send WIN-ALT-R which is why I turned to AutoIT.  Sending ("#!r") or ("#!{r}"} works correctly, i.e., the red recorder bar shows up on the IE window playing the video.  However it stops after 2 seconds.  Whereas clicking WIN-ALT-R manually keeps the recording going until the IE window playing the video closes.  

1) VBA to identify the right browser window - WORKING

2) VBA to click the link for the video to play - WORKING

3) VBA to identify the pop-up browser window playing the video - WORKING

4) AutoIT (inside VBA) to send ("#!r") or ("#!{r}") to the pop-up browser - WORKING

5) Visually check if the Windows 10 DVR recording bar (red) shows up on the pop-up browser window - WORKING

At this point, the recorder stops after 2 seconds. 

Hope this sheds a little more light?  Thanks again.  

Have you tested it in other areas? I threw the 

Send("#!{r}")

into a random autoit script and it records whatever screen I'm on fine. 

Have you tried doing it outside of VBA? As in using an external script? Or maybe try recording on a different screen to see if that's the problem. This doesn't sound like something to do with AutoIt, unless there is a big in your code where you send the command twice for some reason.

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

Good ideas, thanks - I will try and revert back.  I send the "#!{r}" only once, but it is the last line of my VBA subroutine.  I tried adding a Wait command but nothing changed. 

Cheers, 

Rusty