AutoIt Discord Server

• Moderators

We have plenty of forums for asking questions, and a Chatbox for those that want that experience. Why would we need a Discord channel?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

also a facebook and linkedin group, and a twitter feed, if we are listing things that nobody has used or will ever use in any practical manner.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators
17 hours ago, iamtheky said:

also a facebook and linkedin group, and a twitter feed, if we are listing things that nobody has used or will ever use in any practical manner.

Can't say I've seen the twitter feed, but agree on the other two. Even moderating them is basically telling people either "you can't ask questions about gaming" or "ask that question on the main forum".

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

Very good Imperial. Best of luck to you. :D

I hear you are a Game Maker. :thumbsup:

So while JLogan means well, I think it is a different thing to have an AutoIt Server that has a game focus. There are a number of AutoIt users here that are into Game making, and you are now providing them with a dedicated place to do it ... chat, etc.

So it sounds good, and I may eventually join you there, when I get back into game making mode again.

P.S. Hopefully this won't be a place for others to get around the Game automation related rules here though, as I imagine your invite will disappear fairly quickly from this forum if it is. :thumbsdown:

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

2 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Very good Imperial. Best of luck to you. :D

I hear you are a Game Maker. :thumbsup:

So while JLogan means well, I think it is a different thing to have an AutoIt Server that has a game focus. There are a number of AutoIt users here that are into Game making, and you are now providing them with a dedicated place to do it ... chat, etc.

So it sounds good, and I may eventually join you there, when I get back into game making mode again.

P.S. Hopefully this won't be a place for others to get around the Game automation related rules here though, as I imagine your invite will disappear fairly quickly from this forum if it is. :thumbsdown:

who said I'm a Game Maker ?!!!

this is Out of Subject

• Moderators

@Imperial no need to go so over the top, certainly no need to report the comment, as I don't see how it was meant to be "offensive" to you. 

Gawd, well that certainly didn't go in a direction I thought it would. :lol:

Like was said, it was not meant to be offensive, the opposite in fact.

Are you saying that your server is not game related in any way?
I thought the mention of Teamspeak & Mumble were a dead giveaway, plus the background image, and more importantly the Game Controller icon.

Seems there is more than one type of discord going on here.

Don't be too hard on the bird that whispered in my ear, he was all praises for you, and did not know I was gonna mention game making, and I didn't know I wasn't supposed to mention it.

Perhaps the Reset button needs pushing.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Mmm, now I am supposed to believe you are not a Game Maker. Well as I have not seen or heard specifics of these (imaginary) games you supposedly made, then ok, you are not a Game Maker.

Just in case though, that you are under some misunderstanding about the status of game makers on this forum, they are just as welcome as anyone else here. It is only interaction with games made by others, especially automation of such, that is the BIG no no.

Games you have created yourself, are perfectly okay to mention here and ask for help with even ... unless of course the code can be used by others to automate or run Bots, etc.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png