ImageSearch I need it faster

Hey guys what's up,

I'm working on my own project which is related to imagesearch fuction. I need it a little bit more faster because I only made it to find 150 pictures in 10 seconds. Of course I'm using ImageSearchArea to make everything faster, but it isn't enough. I also used a switch instead of using concatenated if, I only need 50 more images :/ . Another question, is there a way to make it works in background? I saw MyBot's script but It is too complicated for my knowledge right now. 

ImageSearch is going to be a slow process no matter what you do because it is a pretty old library that hasn't been updated or optimized very much for 5 years. Why exactly do you need it to find images faster than 15 per second?

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

I'd say it's up to a moderator to determine that. But my point still stands, ImageSearch is old and apart from making the search area smaller there isn't much you can do to speed it up. Which version are you using?

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

• Moderators

GeneNight,

I'm making a bot which has to answer to a sequence of questions and it has more o less 10,5 seconds to do that

Would you care to elaborate a little? What questions, why do you need to look for images to answer them, and why the time limit?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

A friend of mine has made an app which has a sequence of questions to answer, but the problem is that you have a timer. My purpose is to make the bot answering all of them and I thought about imagesearch fuction, but it looks like it is too slow. It is just our project for an exame. Anyway, I'using ImageSearch2015.

• Moderators

GeneNight,

That does not convince me of your bona fides at all - care to try again?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

GeneNight,

Providing a screenshot or a URL so we can see what you are trying to automate might be useful. Believe me, I am quite prepared to accept a reasonable explanation, but as you can see from the earlier posts, I am not alone in finding this question a little odd as it stands.

M23

Spoiler

That is just a typo, he cant recognize the answer by the letter cause the optionions will change the position everytime, before it has to recognize the question and after that, in we are in question "X" it means it is in the switch "case x" which has only the correct answer, by calling ImageSearchArea with tollerance, I can make it click the correct one. Did I clarify your answer?

Just now, GeneNight said:

That is just a typo, he cant recognize the answer by the letter cause the optionions will change the position everytime, before it has to recognize the question and after that, in we are in question "X" it means it is in the switch "case x" which has only the correct answer, by calling ImageSearchArea with tollerance, I can make it click the correct one. Did I clarify your answer?

if* we are (I dont know how to modify my previous post

• Moderators

Once again, folks, when a Mod steps into a topic because he has doubts about the legitimacy, that is a sure sign to stay out of it. To say "Letting <Mod> handle this" but then going ahead and posting anyway doesn't make it any better.

@GeneNight what is the name of the application your friend wrote? Because NoxPlayer is, by it's own support page, "The Best Way Ever to Play Mobile Games on PC". I share Melba's concern over what exactly you're trying to accomplish here.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

As I said, it is just a simple application that my friend has made, he didn't post it on the playstore because the purpose of it was only to pass the examene, exactly as mine. If you do think that a simple "question-answer app" is related to any kind of game playing and by so I'm breaking the rule of the forum then just tell me and I'll will close the post, of course that is Melba's decision.

Edited by GeneNight
typo