Ok. A good reason to merge my "add both script sources" with your beta. But F7 is not enough. I had once to use the GUI with CTRL+F7 for updating current script.

But there maybe is a little "confusion". Inside current script I get now returned:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Compile Date|20.02.2018 16:51:28

I thought it is better to have:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=Compile Date|%date% %time%

But then I realized that the Compile Date field inside th PE header is updated, but not inside current au3. But if I do one little change inside wrapper GUI it will add all existing Res_Fields again. The Compile Date with the actual timestamp. Now I do have two of them. So Res_Fields are not updated but added inside current script. (But again: only when running wrapper gui and making some little change.)

I know how to handle that and satisfied. Thanks and regards, Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

• Developers

Open to change proposals when you feel it can work better. ;)
Just send me the modification back and I will have a look and merge them back into my version in case I agree.

Thanks,
Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi. made some changes. Maybe you will agree:

$INP_FieldValue1 = IniRead($ScriptFile_In & ".ini", "Res", "Field1Value", "") ; #552 reverted back to old one
$INP_FieldValue2 = IniRead($ScriptFile_In & ".ini", "Res", "Field2Value", "") ; #554 reverted back to old one
If $INP_FieldValue1 = "" Then $INP_FieldValue1 = IniRead($AutoIt3WapperIni, "Res", "Field1Value", "") ; #595 reverted back to old one
If $INP_FieldValue2 = "" Then $INP_FieldValue2 = IniRead($AutoIt3WapperIni, "Res", "Field2Value", "") ; #597 reverted back to old one

; #1649ff
For $U = 1 To $INP_Res_FieldCount ; changed order with $INP_FieldName1 & $INP_FieldValue1 & $INP_FieldName2 & $INP_FieldValue2
    If $INP_FieldName[$U] <> "" And $INP_FieldValue[$U] <> "" Then
        $INP_FieldValue[$U] = Convert_Variables($INP_FieldValue[$U])
        $Res_StringTable_Children &= _Res_Create_RTVersion_BuildStringTableEntry($INP_FieldName[$U], $INP_FieldValue[$U])
    EndIf
Next
If $INP_FieldName1 & $INP_FieldValue1 <> "" Then $Res_StringTable_Children &= _Res_Create_RTVersion_BuildStringTableEntry($INP_FieldName1, Convert_Variables($INP_FieldValue1)) ; converting here
If $INP_FieldName2 & $INP_FieldValue2 <> "" Then $Res_StringTable_Children &= _Res_Create_RTVersion_BuildStringTableEntry($INP_FieldName2, Convert_Variables($INP_FieldValue2)) ; converting here

; about #4060ff
If $INP_FieldName1 <> "" Then
    If Not StringInStr($INP_FieldNameEdit, $INP_FieldName1) Then ; excluding if field name is equal
        $INP_FieldNameEdit &= $INP_FieldName1 & " = " & $INP_FieldValue1 & @CRLF
    EndIf
EndIf
If $INP_FieldName2 <> "" Then
    If Not StringInStr($INP_FieldNameEdit, $INP_FieldName2) Then ; excluding if field name is equal
        $INP_FieldNameEdit &= $INP_FieldName2 & " = " & $INP_FieldValue2 & @CRLF
    EndIf
EndIf

Now no duplicates are written to current au3 script and macros like %date% and %time% in wrapper.ini will be written in current au3 script as macros. That's important for me as to see what is inside wrapper.ini.

This I changed too:

; about #4580ff
If $Changes > 0 Then
    __ConsoleWrite('-> ' & $Changes & ' Change(s) made.' & @CRLF)
    ; the whole update routine deleted here and putted after the EndIf
Else
    __ConsoleWrite('-> No changes made..' & @CRLF)
EndIf

because I think "Save Only" should update source with wrapper.ini directives - otherwise I have "Cancel" to cancel.

Fixed a missing AU3Check parameter:

'     -w 7      : warn when passing Const or expression on ByRef param(s) (on)' & @CRLF & _ ; ~#4190ff
'     -v 3      : show unreferenced UDFs and global variables (off)'

Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

• 10 months later...

Hello Everyone

Made a new au3 file. It's empty.  Go to Tools > Make UDF Header and I get this in the console...

Function or struct definition not found, unable to insert header.

No Header :(

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\AutoIt\Example_Gui_Child\Gui_child_windows.au3" /UserParams    
+>18:16:03 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.18.708.1148.0 SciTE v.4.1.0.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\AutoIt\Example_Gui_Child\Gui_child_windows.au3
+>18:16:03 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\AutoIt\Example_Gui_Child\Gui_child_windows.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
+>18:16:05 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>18:16:05 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 3.262

This is a new install.

Am I missing something?

Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

• Developers

Why are you showing this console output in stead of the output that contains the error?
... but give the current beta version of AutoitTools.lua a try as I think I've fixed this in that version.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Comments on the Beta.

Beta documentation refers to version 3.3.16.0 (xxxx, xxxx) (Release)

\Beta\AutoIt.chm::/html/history.htm

version 3.3.15.0 MIA?

My problem with creating a Header inside a new au3 file using the Scite shortcut returns the same console message as above.  I think this is a Scite config issue...  As far as I can tell, everything else works fine :)

Thx

Skysnake

• Developers

Click the link in my post to get the file as it is NOT in the AutoIt3 Beta directory but in the SciTE4AutoIt3 !

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Master,

I did the following

1. Clicked link in your post
  2. Copied content
  3. Search AutoIt\Scite for the relevant file
  4. Found it, opened it with NotePad++
  5. Pasted content
  6. Saved as Administrator
  7. Restarted

When I use the Windows right-click context menu to create a new au3 file it correctly creates a script header

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

AutoIt Version: 3.3.15.0 (Beta)
 Author:         myName

Script Function:
    Template AutoIt script.

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start - Add your code below here

But when I click Make UDF Header, I still get this message

Function or struct definition not found, unable to insert header.

Guidance please?

Skysnake

• Developers

You do have to place your cursor on a FUNC line for this option to work!
If will create a header based on what it finds on the Func XYZ($param) line.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.