GUICtrlRead ComboBox isn't working

I have this at the beginning on my form

$P2PMessage = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Pick P2P", 344, 220, 140, 33, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
GUICtrlSetData($P2PMessage, "Normal|Team Chat|02 - Enter|03 - Leave|04 - Kick|05 - AFK Kick|06 - AFK Kick|07 - Master Kick|08 - Ball Reset|10 - Weapon Block|11 - All Block|0A - Touchdown|0B - Touchdown|0F - Respawn|1C - Chaser Next", "Pick P2P")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "SwitchPIDHide")

I want to do it as when a data is selected from combobox, it will do something. Like a test, i put a MsgBox to check if its working. But its not.. :( Can anyone help me where am i doing wrong?

While 1
    $guimsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
       Case GUICtrlRead($P2PMessage) = "Normal"
            MsgBox("2141241")
      EndSelect
       WEnd

• Moderators

thenight944,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. Two things strike me:

1. You are mixing OnEvent and MessageLoop modes - you can only use one at a time in a script.
  2. Looking at the elements in that combo, you appear to have missed the Forum rules on your way in. Please read them now - particularly the bit about not discussing game automation - and then you will understand why you will get no help and this thread will now be locked.

See you soon with a legitimate question I hope.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area