Complete stranger needs help with AUTOIT script

I am new to the forum and know next to nothing about writing a script for autoit. I want to use it to click away an annoying error message in itunes automatically anytime it occurs. How complicated is that? Is it something someone on here would do for 20 bucks or it is not an easy thing to produce?  

It is fairly easy to do it using AutoIt. I recommend that you try out AutoIt yourself, the wiki has some good resources: https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Tutorials

Or if you are feeling lazy, you can hire a freelancer... like me (LOL, advertising) :lol:.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

BTW: Could you please give meaningful titles to your threads? Everyone on this forum is looking for help ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Take a look on WinWaitActive and Send or WinClose. Usually you can solve it with 2 or 3 lines :P

While 1 ; do it forever
    WinWaitActive("Kill this window") ; when a window named "Kill this window" shows up
    WinKill("Kill this window") ; kill it with fire
    Sleep(100) ; and sleep the sleep of the righteous
WEnd

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS ·  storage.au3 localStorage and sessionStorage for AutoIt Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path GUICtrlStaticMarquee static text scrolling Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

2 minutes ago, mikell said:

Well, that means about 10 bucks a line.

Do comment lines count? I can write really good and long comments :drool:

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

10 bucks a line, I haven't heard prices like that since college. :shhh:

Edited by iamtheky
insertions/deletions

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Did a Mod move this thread to the chat forum :whistle:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

the same is one with the returns on work with the new version of chrome browsers 

that those gives of drawing with the pop up box noticing the offers on approving grants to allows notification with the layer beyonds the browser windows.

if those works of similar customs with the above case,

maybe i should helps 

that those runs of similar also the function on returns with the new version of website service of dice game to shows of modal box on error function with the bet submission..

wut, you really ought to use screenshots and mspaint to show us what you need.

and also no game interaction discussion, so delete that last part, it should not helps.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

While 1 ; do it forever
    WinWaitActive("Kill this window") ; when a window named "Kill this window" shows up
    WinKill("Kill this window") ; kill it with fire
    Sleep(100) ; and sleep the sleep of the righteous
WEnd

Wow!  And I've been doing it with

While 1
    If WinExists ("whatever title") Then WinKill ("Whatever Title")
    Sleep (101)
WEnd

I like that your solution uses a wait function instead of repeatedly polling, Jefrey.  Wonder why I never thought of that.  This is the reason I frequently check the forums even when I'm not working on a script.  You can pick up jewels here.

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I'm too dumb to understand what to put in the ("what ever title") part... first person to post a full working script that automatically closes this error  get 15$ on paypal.. Will need to verify it works well before paying. I wish I understood how to use MS paint

Capture.PNG

Hello Islarama and welcome :)

Imho trying to bypass this error is a mistake. This message is there to tell you that something's wrong with Itunes. You should try to fix it before anything else.

A fast search on google suggest this error can be linked to Norton antivirus or another software called "peerblock". Do you have any of these software installed on your computer?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3814421?tstart=0

If you really want to bypass it, you can try this out:

While 1
    If WinExists("Itunes", "There was a temporary problem") Then WinKill ("Itunes", "There was a temporary problem")
    Sleep (100)
WEnd

PS: I don't want any money :P

Edited by Neutro

Hi.

I completely agree with @Neutro. You should try to find the reason for this error message.

But if you don't want or can't find take his code. But I would change some little thing. I would change both "There was a temporary problem" with "(-3212)". You know why? Otherwise your tool is kicking every "there was a temporary problem"-problem. But what if there is another completely different iTunes error? Don't you want to know about it? With "(-3212)" you only kick this iTunes error message.

Regards, Conrad 

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.