Can anyone tell me if its possible to make autoit search for text? (im trying to search for a button a pop up(the color changes every time so i cant use img search) so i thought why not try using text search if possible) , the text is following: 'OK', 'Okay', 'Tak', 'Fedt'.

I've searched around most possibilities i found was img search which doesnt work cuz of the color change.. ^^

Any help are HIGHLY appreciatet.

-Dequality.

• Developers

Deja Vu ...  you simply continue to give hardly any info and expecting an answer?

So the answer to your initial question is: Yes, AutoIt can search for text when text is available.
Now are you searching for real text or are you searching for a image which contains a graphical representation of  text?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Jos? .. i said its searching for a pop up window with a button inside? what else do you want me to explain? it's a window inside a browser which pops up, cant be pressed with space/enter or anything else THAN a mouse click ? the background is color changing everytime the pop up is comming, so it simply need it to search for the 4 words in the topic if one of them is found click the location :)

Let me know if you need any other info.

-Dequality.

• Developers

I though I asked a simple question in my post which isn't answered yet...no? ;) 

40 minutes ago, Jos said:

Now are you searching for real text or are you searching for a image which contains a graphical representation of  text?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Well it's a image with a button i guess? i honestly got no clue what you consider 'real text'? if 'real text' is text you can CTRL+A on then No, it isnt real text ^^ then it's a graphical representation..  :)

Edited by Dequality

• Developers
Just now, Dequality said:

Well it's a image with a button i guess?

So how do you expect us to know the answer when you don't know? 
Start AU3Info and see if you can get some more information about the readable text etc. :)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

Start AU3Info and see if you can get some more information about the readable text etc. :)

Jos

Well Au3info cant target the pop up ;) it is inside a window

9 minutes ago, Jos said:

Jos

Well.. it's a pop up inside a pop up window and that window is running shockwave or smth like that ^^

EDIT : But of what i can find in the source code on the website it's a GIF (its not animated) but apparently it's saved as a gif :) 

Edited by Dequality

• Developers

Guess we are again in that endless loop of "not enough information to be able to help you without more information", so I am done trying.
good luck with whatever you are trying.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 minutes ago, Jos said:

Guess we are again in that endless loop of "not enough information to be able to help you without more information", so I am done trying.
good luck with whatever you are trying.

Jos

Well, i dunno what you expect tbh.. im pretty sure it's a image/graphical 'representation' with text cant you jsut tell me how to do it ? then i will test it out :)

4 minutes ago, mikell said:

Don't be shy and just provide the link to this website or the source code of the page  :)

while(1)
    $x1=0
    $y1=0
    $ok = "C:\Users\Dequality\Documents\Au3_Scripts\SCRIPT\ns_ok.PNG"
    $okay = "C:\Users\Dequality\Documents\Au3_Scripts\SCRIPT\ns_okay.PNG"
    $tak = "C:\Users\Dequality\Documents\Au3_Scripts\SCRIPT\ns_tak.PNG"

$box1 = _ImageSearch($ok, 1, $x1, $y1, 5, 255)
    ;_ImageSearch($FindImage, $resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance, $transperance = 0)

$box2 = _ImageSearch($okay, 1, $x1, $y1, 5, 255)
    ;_ImageSearch($FindImage, $resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance, $transperance = 0)

$box3 = _ImageSearch($tak, 1, $x1, $y1, 5, 255)

;~  $box4 = _ImageSearch($ok, 1, $x1, $y1, 5, 255)
;~  ;_ImageSearch($FindImage, $resultPosition, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance, $transperance = 0)

If $box1 = 1 Then
        MouseClick("LEFT", $x1, $y1, 1, 1)
    ElseIf $box2 = 1 Then
    ElseIf $box3 = 1 Then
    EndIf

WEnd

What i tried was making the background of the button black & made transperance 255 but then it just clicks on the firefox logo in top left :/

• Developers

Looking at the PASTEBIN source the question arises how you think this is not against our forumrules?
Not sure we already pointed you before to them so let me do that now. Please read them and ensure you stick to them.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Just now, Jos said:

Looking at the PASTEBIN source the question arises how you think this is not against our forumrules?
Not sure we already pointed you before to them so let me do that now. Please read them and ensure you stick to them.

Jos

Well arent it just against the rules to make a game bot? ;) this isnt a game it's a chat

• Developers

You know why your intentions are questioned right? 
You constantly avoid to give exact details as requested, remain vague with everything you do and the little bit you post clearly shows this is on a Games side.

So I am done playing this hide and seek game with you and this thread is now locked.
Don't start a new one on the same topic and only come back when you are prepared to ask explicit questions!

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked this topic