Help: need to understand how AutoIt3.Lua works

rojer_31

Hello all,

First let me tell me my intention:

I want to create something for php (atleast in terms of code-completion) as you have done with scite4autoit3.

I've gone through the docs of lua and read through AutoIt3.Lua. I have found some parts of the code quite incomprehensible. Here is one:

scite.Open(props["FilePath"] .. "\nmenucommand:" .. n)

I've googled, gone through the iface file, and tried everything else I know :P but can't understand what nmenucommand is.

Can anyone please explain what it is ?

Thank you :lmao:

It's "\n" and then "menucommand". It means sends the filename of the currently active buffer followed by a newline and then send the "menucommand" command with the parameter n.

:"> That seems to be a silly question now!

Okay I have a couple more dumb qusetions:

1. There are 2 functions:

function OnChar© and

function OOOnChar©

which seem similar in many ways. What is the purpose of this seeming duplication?

2. It is pretty obvious, that what you have is well tested code (in lua). If I base my own script on this source, are there any implications (apart from being gpl)? Your comments on this would be valuable..

Warm Regards,

rojer_31

• Developers

:"> That seems to be a silly question now!

Okay I have a couple more dumb qusetions:

1. There are 2 functions:

function OnChar© and

function OOOnChar©

which seem similar in many ways. What is the purpose of this seeming duplication?

2. It is pretty obvious, that what you have is well tested code (in lua). If I base my own script on this source, are there any implications (apart from being gpl)? Your comments on this would be valuable..

Warm Regards,

rojer_31

1. Function OOOnchar() is an obsolete Onchar() version which i have forgotten to remove after adding the new Onchar() function.

2. As far as I am concerned: everything included can be use to create your own LUA functions.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)