2 issues related to keys

1. What is the code of the menu key (that one between AltGr and RCtrl)? I want to make a hotkey using it:

e.g. HotKeySet("{THAT_MENU_KEY_CODE?}","MenuKey")

I read the whole Send help page but I didn't find it.

the menu key

2. How could I use CapsLock like a regular key, so it's never switched on?

In AutoHotkey there something like:

Capslock::Send ^n
+Capslock::Capslock
Return

Anything similar in AutoIt? Thanks in advance.

1. I use Mac with bootcamp so I don't have the context menu key, so I can't confirm what I'm saying... I use Shift + F10 instead. But it looks like the symbol is {APPSKEY} (source).

2. Do you mean not allowing the user to turn on capslock?

Opt("SendCapslockMode", 0)
HotKeySet("{CAPSLOCK}", "disablecapslock")

Func disablecapslock()
    Send("{CAPSLOCK off}")
EndFunc

while 1
    sleep(100)
wend

Edited by Jefrey

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS ·  storage.au3 localStorage and sessionStorage for AutoIt Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path GUICtrlStaticMarquee static text scrolling Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

Unfortunately as I said above my keyboard doesn't have the apps key so I'm unable to test it :( but can you send an Esc? Something like this:

HotKeySet("{APPSKEY}", "test")

Func test()
    Send("{ESC}")
EndFunc

While 1
    sleep(100)
WEnd

Truly the code I provided denies me from turning on the "caps lock" LED (it never turns on although I press it if the script is running). Perhaps some machines have it hardware-controlled, whereas machines like mine have it software (driver)-controlled?

My stuff

Spoiler

My UDFs  _AuThread multithreading emulation for AutoIt · _ExtInputBox an inputbox with multiple inputs and more features · forceUTF8 fix strings encoding without knowing its original charset · JSONgen JSON generator · _TCPServer UDF multi-client and multi-task (run on background) event-based TCP server easy to do · _TCPClient_UDF multi-server and multi-task (runs on background) event-based TCP client easy to do · ParseURL and ParseStr functions ported from PHP · _CmdLine UDF easily parse command line parameters, keys or flags · AutoPHP Create documents (bills, incomes) from HTML by sending variables/arrays from AutoIt to PHP · (Un)Serialize Convert arrays and data into a storable string (PHP compatible) · RTTL Plays and exports to MP3 Nokia-format monophonic ringtones (for very old cellphones) · I18n library Simple and easy to use localization library · Scripting.Dictionary OOP and OOP-like approach · Buffer/stack limit arrays to N items by removing the last one once the limit is reached · NGBioAPI UDF to work with Nitgen fingerprint readers · Serial/Licensing system require license key based on unique machine ID from your users · HTTP a simple WinHTTP library that allows GET, POST and file uploads · Thread true AutoIt threads (under-dev) · RC4 RC4 encryption compatible with PHP and JS ·  storage.au3 localStorage and sessionStorage for AutoIt Classes _WKHtmlToX uses wkhtmlto* to convert HTML files and webpages into PDF or images (jpg, bmp, gif, png...) Snippets _Word_DocFindReplaceByLongText replace strings using Word UDF with strings longer than 255 characters (MSWord limit) rangeparser parser for printing-like pages interval (e.g.: "1,2,3-5") EnvParser parse strings/paths with environment variables and get full path GUICtrlStaticMarquee static text scrolling Random stuff Super Mario beep sound your ears will hurt

1. That menu stills appears for a fraction of a second. Bad luck.

2. Thanks for that code, it's solved now. This is the final version (Caps Lock sends the shortcut CTRL ALT N and turns CAPS LOCK off immediately):

HotKeySet("{CAPSLOCK}","CapsLockKey")

Func CapsLockKey()
  Send("^!{n}")
  HotKeySet("{CAPSLOCK}")
  Send("{CAPSLOCK off}")
  HotKeySet("{CAPSLOCK}","CapsLockKey")
EndFunc

29 minutes ago, caladan1 said:

1. That menu stills appears for a fraction of a second. Bad luck.

Can you set Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0) and see if it makes any change?

Sorry I can't test it here (just remembering my keyboard doesn't have that key)

My stuff

Spoiler

From what I have searched I don't think it's possible to intercept the menu key without the menu popping up for a fraction of a second, at least in AutoIt. I'm basing it off of here, although it is an old thread so maybe someone has found a way since then.

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

3 hours ago, anthonyjr2 said:

From what I have searched I don't think it's possible to intercept the menu key without the menu popping up for a fraction of a second, at least in AutoIt. I'm basing it off of here, although it is an old thread so maybe someone has found a way since then.

Thanks for answer. I think that menu should be disabled from Windows (Registry?). So, it looks I have to find another shortcut key.

4 hours ago, Jefrey said:

Can you set Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0) and see if it makes any change?

Sorry I can't test it here (just remembering my keyboard doesn't have that key)

The menu is still displayed. As anthonyj2 said, it doesn't seem possible. In AutoHotkey I managed to use that Menu key without the menu appearing (except on rare occasions).