Install Package

Hello,

I would like to create Setup Engine to many *exe programs, including folders, files, pictures and dll libraries.

This is possible in AutoIt? I know that create setup for your own software isn't hard but how to generate custom setup.exe with license agreement, allow user to start program after instalation etc.

I will need any way to generate new *exe file with user changes. Also the size of setup should be quite similar to orginal files size or less.

Some code examples will appreciated

Regards,

Ascer

• Moderators

@Ascer you state you want something like installforge, which by its own description says "get rid of script-based installs". You also state the Vollatran project won't suit your needs, but you're asking the question on a scripting forum - so what, exactly are you looking for? :huh2:

If you want something easy, and free - you've already linked to it yourself: installforge. If you're looking for something that installforge doesn't have, please be a bit more descriptive than "nope not that" when people make suggestions.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I think that i found interesting thread: 

Unfortunetly code is horrible messy no base regions, descriptions and don't work like author said. I try to find function responsible for creating executable files and it all what i will need. 3.5k lines code heh . I got code with 24k lines and it's much easier to find needed functions.

One more question how he pack his file to size 277kb? When i try complie somthing via AutoIt even script containing just ConsoleWrite('hello') take ~900kb.

Edited by Ascer

Edit:

He just put write basic script to file.au3 like that"

FileWriteLine($Installer, "GuiCreate("Saint...", 500, 600)")

Next call Aut2Exe.exe to compile this file. This way is wrong couse of noone have this compiler on pc. 

6 hours ago, anthonyjr2 said:

Quick question @Bert, does your project work on an OS > Win7? The original thread said it doesn't work on Windows 8, which makes me curious if it works on 10.

It will work on any OS from XP to W10. The code just needs a small tweak to add the support for the latest OS