WindowTop

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

WindowTop

https://sourceforge.net/projects/windowtop/

There is currently no binary release but you can run it in Autoit

https://github.com/gileli121/WindowTop

This program allow you to easly:

Everything is done through a small toolbar that open at the top of the window when you move the mouse to the toop.

See this video: (NOTE: the option to click through the window was still not implemented while the video was recorded)

Edited by gil900
1 person likes this

#2 ·  Posted

gil900,

How about some explanation of what it does and why it might be useful. And why not post the code here directly?

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#3 ·  Posted

I wrote explanation now. is it clear? :)

And why not post the code here directly?

because Github is much more convenient server to work with.. I thought it was obvious

#4 ·  Posted

Why useful ?

1.  Set window to be dark - Sometimes you may want to stop see this bright light that comming from your screen while you reading or writing something.
    You may want to see in dark mode. As I doing just now while writing 
    these lines
    You can eliminate all the bright white color by one click on the "SET DARK" button and the good news is that it works on every win32 program. You don't need this to modern app anyway
    because they come with their own solution (In windows 10 -> "Choose default app mode" -> "Dark" )
    You can set any Win32 GUI program to be dark
  2. Set Window Opacity - Very useful when you want to see a lot of things on the same screen.
    Useful for people who need more space for their needs. By set window
    opacity you can see two things in the same pixels in your screen ..
  3. Set Window Top - While you working on something, sometimes you need to look at another window. here is the problem - 
    You have one small screen and when you click on the editing software (for example Word,
    Photoshop, Excel) you lose the window you need to look at while doing your work. This feature designed to address exactly this problem. Set the window to be on TOP so you will not lose the window you need to look while you working on your project
  4. Set window click through - It even gets better now! You can do as I said, set the window on TOP. BUT you still lose something - you have less working area on you editing software.. You may need from time to time to move the window that you set on top.
    Not while you use this feature + Set Window Opacity feature. If you turn on the Opacity  + TOP + Click Through, then now you also not loosing beneficial screen-working-area on the editing software

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

1.png?raw=true

2.png?raw=true

3.png?raw=true

4.png?raw=true

Tested on Windows 10 and unfortunately it does not work properly on software based on a more modern system than Win32. It will not work properly with Microsoft Edge - The Dark Mod works but you can not click on anything. The "click through" option also not working on Microsoft Edge. The good news is that if you use more regular software then it will work.. for example: google chrome and more.

Edited by gil900

#7 ·  Posted

Thanks for the report!

It should work well because I worked hard to make it work well 

I don't use windows 10 so maybe someone else can make fix for modern programs

1 person likes this

#8 ·  Posted

That's actually pretty cool, I'll remember this if I ever have a need for window controls.

1 person likes this

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

Updated - fixed bugs, removed unused code

Edited by gil900
1 person likes this