Cannot detect all mouse button clicks - 7 button mouse

Hello, I have a Logitech MX500 mouse, this has 7 buttons plus a wheel.

I am trying to figure out how to detect clicks on three of the buttons on this mouse but have been unable to do so. I am not running any Logitech software just the standard Windows 7 driver. The buttons are all working fine but when I try to figure out which button was clicked unable to detect three of the buttons.

Using this code snippet I am able to see all the button presses with the exception of these three marked by '?'.

Is there some alternate method for detecting button clicks? I have been searching for example but have yet to find anything.

Thanks...

#include <Misc.au3>

Dim $a
While 1
    For $a = 1 To 100
        If _IsPressed($a) Then  ConsoleWrite("you pressed " &   $a & @CRLF)
    Next
WEnd

logitech mx500 mouse buton mappings.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Try to use some keyboard Mapping tool. Probably you can see if they send some keystroke.

Otherwise you will need to check mouse documentation if it has one.

Saludos

• 2 weeks later...

From the logitech site I installed SetPoint6.67.83_64.exe but that gives me zero options to do anything with the mouse other than some "status indicators" (see screen shots). It seems to be a very useless program unless I'm missing something.

I was hoping to use these buttons to trigger custom actions within my AutoIT projects by using something like the _IsPressed() call to catch the event but that does not seem to detect these particular buttons.

I will just have to keep searching.

Thanks for the replies.

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg