WILLING TO PAY _imagesearch cant find image with transparency

I have combed through the library and it says that having a transparent image is possible. I have tried every possible method I could think of but nothing I use seems to make it work. 

from the looks of it, i should be able to use the one of the codes below 

if _ImageSearchArea(image.PNG,1,$varLX-50,$varLY,$varRX,$varRY,$tmpX,$tmpY,20,1) = 1 Then

if _ImageSearchArea(image.PNG,1,$varLX-50,$varLY,$varRX,$varRY,$tmpX,$tmpY,20,#FFFFFF) = 1 Then

however, the program fails to find it everytime. am I passing the transparency variable in the wrong section of my function? I would gladly pay for someone who can get my transparent images to work. with transparency. No shortcuts. 

• Developers

Willing to pay how much?  
Guess a fare tariff for a good programmer is $200 per hour?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

If you can get this to work, and it fixes my image clicking, id be willing to pay a set price of $100. Mainly because i'm sure it is something stupid that I am doing. If you have to completely redesign and customize the library, then we can talk about something a little more. But I don't make much money.  Unless you'd be willing to wait until my project kicks off and starts making money, then I may be able to pay you more. 

Edited by Root_

• Developers

Wondering how you expect a serious answer without providing any specifications as to what you are trying to do. 
Wish it would be that simple in corporate life. :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry, i've never really had to ask or pay for help. 

Basically I am trying to create a program to click on items in a game. The items are in an inventory with a static background, but the background changes between windowed and full screen mode, and when you're in the banking system. My idea is to get the _imagesearch library to recognize transparency, and just make the entire background of each image transparent so only the item is shown -- then it wouldn't matter if it was full screen, windows, or in the banking system -- it would just click the image seen.

Currently, the image search library i'm using claims to support transparency but every time I try to use it, it doesn't to work. I need help getting the transparency function/parameter to work. 

• Developers
7 minutes ago, Root_ said:

Sorry, i've never really had to ask or pay for help. 

Well, I have never been payed for helping here either. ;) ... It is you whom started the money conversation.

8 minutes ago, Root_ said:

program to click on items in a game.

Seems you have not yet read our forumrules, so maybe start with that before continuing to ask questions, especially to part about game automation.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked this topic