Hi Guys,

I've been reading this post ...

When I came accross the examples, non of them had what I was looking for.

I basically want to "snapshot" my GUI's multiple tabs and send them into the pdf.

A little nudge from you guys would be great.
Im really stuck with this one, therefore I have no code.
Lets discuss or point me in a right direction... thanks alot

2017-07-10 00_03_40-Clipboard.jpg

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"I need coffee to turn me back to a human"

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen

As my screenshot provided in the original post, I was to try capture the tabs and inset them to a pdf.. otherwise, how would you capture checkboxes, edit boxes and input boxes to pdf?

Kind Regards
Skeletor

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen

The function in Word and Excell to save as PDF is what I'm trying to achieve.
If I tell the program to save to pdf, it would need to save the checkboxes, edit boxes, etc.

Kind Regards
Skeletor

Updating this post in case someone comes along looking for the same answers.

Found this UDF that uses a dll. 

I'll test this and see if I get the results I'm looking for.

Kind Regards
Skeletor

Here is an update:
In order to attempt the print, the long way round is to create your gui in html...

Like I said, its not the solution but a work around...

Kind Regards
Skeletor

You might want to consider using this:

It isn't free (the PDF library) as far as I recall, but it does contain a lot of functions like inserting images into PDFs. You can use _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd to capture your window

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• 3 weeks later...

I was also going to recommend QuickPDF, but was beaten to it...

Conceptually, I would capture each tab as a separate image, and insert into a separate PDF page, for simplicity sake.

Post a screenshot with mission accomplished?

Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

• Skeletor changed the title to GUI tabs to PDF (Solved)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By It_is_me_Me
      I have provided a portion of my script (seen below) and I wanted to use what the USER will input into my IP address box and input box for TCP port. I set the IP address to use 0.0.0.0 as default and the Port to 502. But I want to let the user change it and when they click the buttons (IP Address and Port), the tooltip will show what the USER entered. How can I use the details that the User will input into my input box and IP address box and let them see what they entered when they click the buttons?

Here are the scripts:
      ;-------------------------------------------------------------
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <ComboConstants.au3>
      #include <EditConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <GuiIPAddress.au3>
      #include <StaticConstants.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <GuiEdit.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <Date.au3>
      #include <TabConstants.au3>
      #include <GuiTab.au3>

Global $Form1 = GUICreate("Security Automation", 490, 339, -1, -1)
      ;MAIN Tab
      Global $TAB = GUICtrlCreateTab(0, 0, 489, 337)
      Global $tab_main = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Main")
      $label_Title = GUICtrlCreateLabel("ETP-073 Security", 12, 33, 103, 17)
      GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
      ;-----------------TCP User input information-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      $groupBox_TCP = GUICtrlCreateGroup("TCP", 12, 49, 289, 57, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GROUP,$BS_FLAT))
      ;TCP IP address
      Global $IPAddress1 = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Create($Form1, 20, 81, 170, 21)
      $Label_ipAddress = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Host IP Address", 20, 65, 80, 17)
      $userInputIP = _GUICtrlIpAddress_Set($IPAddress1, "0.0.0.0")
      ;TCP Port
      $label_tcpPort = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Port", 196, 65, 23, 17)
      Global $input_tcpPort = GUICtrlCreateInput("502", 196, 81, 57, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER))
      $userPort = GUICtrlRead($input_tcpPort)
      ;TCP Address
      $label_tcpAddress = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Addr.", 260, 65, 29, 17)
      Global $input_tcpDevAddress = GUICtrlCreateInput("1", 260, 81, 33, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,$ES_CENTER))
      ;Buttons
      Global $btn_userIP = GUICtrlCreateButton("User IP", 308, 297, 81, 25)
      Global $btn_Port = GUICtrlCreateButton("Port", 404, 297, 75, 25)
      ;Showing the GUI
      GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
      While 1
         $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
         Switch $nMsg
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
               Exit
            Case $btn_userIP
               ToolTip($userInputIP)
            Case $btn_Port
               ToolTip($userPort)
         EndSwitch
      WEnd
      ;--------------end of script ------------------

Note: There will be a "!->Includefile <WMDebug.au3> not found." Pay no attention to it.
    • By walec
      Hello
      How can I export a sheet to pdf using the OOoCalc.au3 UDF?
      Thank you for any hints or possibly other solutions / functions.
    • By CYBRIX
      So I am a person who has learned programming off the internet, without structured courses, and I'm trying to create a UI element that can be used like "GUICtrlCreate...".

I'd like to get some kind of insight on how to improve the code of a Graph element that I have created.
      I am unfamiliar on the standards for creating such UI elements, and assume I'll get some valuable insight here.

Here's some sample code: (I tried to make it look a bit less upsetting to those who know better, but be warned: not pretty.)
      #include <WinAPISys.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WinAPIGdi.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> Local $hWnd = GUICreate("Test", 200, 200) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hWnd) Local $hGraph = _GraphStartUp($hWnd, 10, 30, 180, 180) Local $nData, $nDataMax = 1000, $hDataTimer = TimerInit() While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_ClOSE If TimerDiff($hDataTimer) >= 150 Then $nData = Random(0, $nDataMax) _UpdateGraph($nData) $hDataTimer = TimerInit() EndIf Sleep(20) WEnd _GraphShutDown($hWnd, $hGraph) Exit Func _GraphStartUp($hWnd, $x, $y, $w, $h, $nUpdateTimes = 1000, $nResolution = 60) Global $hBluePen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 2, _WinAPI_RGB(220, 0, 0)) Global $hGreyPen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_DASH, 1, _WinAPI_RGB(100, 100, 100)) Global $hBlackPen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 1, _WinAPI_RGB(0, 0, 0)) Global $hWhitePen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 1, _WinAPI_RGB(255, 255, 255)) Global $nGraphRes = $nResolution Global $aGraphData[$nGraphRes + 1] For $i = 2 To $nGraphRes $aGraphData[$i] = 0 Next Global $hWinDC = _WinAPI_GetWindowDC($hWnd) Global $nGraphX = $x Global $nGraphY = $y Global $nGraphWidth = $w Global $nGraphHeight = $h Global $nGraphXUnit = $nGraphWidth / ($nGraphRes - 1) Global $nGraphBottomY = $nGraphY + $nGraphHeight Global $nGraphMaxX = $nGraphX + $nGraphWidth Global $aUpdateArea[4][2] = [[$nGraphX - 1, $nGraphY - 1], [$nGraphX - 1, $nGraphBottomY + 1], [$nGraphMaxX + 1, $nGraphBottomY + 1], [$nGraphMaxX + 1, $nGraphY - 1]] Global $pUpdateAreaRgn = _WinAPI_CreatePolygonRgn($aUpdateArea) Global $pTextRect = _WinAPI_CreateRectEx($nGraphX + 1, $nGraphY + 1, $nGraphWidth / 2, $nGraphHeight / 4) Global $nGreatestValue = 1 GLobal $pGraphArea = _WinAPI_CreateRectEx($nGraphX - 7, $nGraphY - 26, $nGraphWidth + 14, $nGraphHeight + 2) Global $pDrawCall = DllCallbackRegister('_DrawGraph', 'none', '') Global $pGraphTimer = _WinAPI_SetTimer($hWnd, 567891234, $nUpdateTimes, DllCallbackGetPtr($pDrawCall)) _DrawGraph() Return $pGraphTimer EndFunc Func _DrawGraph() Global $hPen $nGreatestValue = _ArrayMax($aGraphData, 1, 1) $hPen = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hWhitePen) _WinAPI_PaintRgn($hWinDC, $pUpdateAreaRgn) $hPen = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hGreyPen) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX, $nGraphY, $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphY) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX, $nGraphY + ($nGraphHeight / 2), $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphY + ($nGraphHeight / 2)) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphY, $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphBottomY) $hPen = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hBluePen) For $i = 1 To $nGraphRes - 1 _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX + (($i - 1) * $nGraphXUnit), $nGraphBottomY - ($aGraphData[$i] / $nGreatestValue * $nGraphHeight), $nGraphX + ($i * $nGraphXUnit), $nGraphBottomY - ($aGraphData[$i + 1] / $nGreatestValue * $nGraphHeight)) Next $hPen = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hBlackPen) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX, $nGraphBottomY, $nGraphMaxX, $nGraphBottomY) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hWinDC, $nGraphX, $nGraphY, $nGraphX, $nGraphBottomY) _WinAPI_DrawText($hWinDC, Round($aGraphData[$nGraphRes], 2), $pTextRect, $DT_LEFT) EndFunc Func _UpdateGraph($nData) _ArrayAdd($aGraphData, $nData) _ArrayDelete($aGraphData, 1) EndFunc Func _GraphShutDown($hWnd, $pGraphTimer) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hWinDC, $hPen) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBlackPen) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hGreyPen) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBluePen) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hWhitePen) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hWnd, $hWinDC) _WinAPI_KillTimer($hWnd, $pGraphTimer) DllCallbackFree($pDrawCall) _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($hWnd, $pGraphArea) EndFunc  
    • By mLipok
      ; #INDEX# =======================================================================================================================
      ; Title .........: UDF for "Debenu Quick PDF Library"
      ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.10.2++
      ; Language ......: English
      ; Description ...: A collection of functions for Debenu Quick PDF Library
      ; Author(s) .....: mLipok
      ; Modified ......:
      ; ===============================================================================================================================
      Release note:

Erratum v0.7:

Forum link:

• By mLipok
      I would like to present, the UDF for Debenu Quick PDF Library
      Getting Started:
      http://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/getting-started/getting-started-activex-edition/
      Function Reference:
      http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/FunctionGroups.php
      Useful information:
      http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/quickpdf-the-first-steps_topic1242.html
      http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/blog/2011/02/the-basics-getting-familiar-with-quick-pdf-library/
      First time installing Debenu Quick PDF Library:
      You can download demo here:
      http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/downloads/quick_pdf_library_demo.exe
      Requirements:
      file "DebenuPDFLibraryLite1012.dll" or "DebenuPDFLibraryAX1014.dll" must be in @ScriptDir

if you want to try you must download it from here:
      http://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/trial/
      or
      http://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library-lite/free/
      after install you can find this dll in:
      "c:\Program Files (x86)\DebenuPDF Library\ActiveX\DebenuPDFLibraryAX1014.dll"
      or
      "c:\Program Files (x86)\DebenuPDF Library\Lite\DebenuPDFLibraryLite1012.dll"

!!! you can change DLL to newer version using _QPDF_NewLibraryPath_Commercial()

EDIT: actualy (19-06-2015) there is DebenuPDFLibraryAX1115.dll and DebenuPDFLibraryLite1115.dll
        to use the commercial version you need to use the _QPdf_SetLicenseKey() AutoIt 3.3.10.2++ For UDF and examples download, and the current version information please go to download section:

The following information are outdated