First script here. Thanks for taking the time.

I want to download a file from my dropbox or other cloud file host and I want autoit to read the file and proceed.

Here are the references I've gone through, it's just I'm not familiar yet with autoit so I'm looking for advice:
https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/InetGet.htm

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/FileRead.htm

How would I start out downloading a text file from dropbox and if in the file there is a 1 then it will proceed with the rest of the script if there is a 0 or if the file cannot be downloaded I want it to just end.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I apologize in advance if this seems very trivial for some but this is my first script and I'm hoping this is the correct place to ask this question.

Edited by swatsapkraz

Hello swatsapkraz,

What you want to do can be translated to search for "1" in the file and proceed if found, otherwise do nothing (searching for 0 is not needed if 1 is not found).

I created 2 dropbox links, the first one links to a file which contains 1 and the other do not:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c27k3gv5oanhjvc/file_to_proceed.txt?dl=1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g76mnemzg2lai4z/file_to_NOT_proceed.txt?dl=1

Use the following code to download the above files (change $file_url with the link you want to test) and check if they need to be proceeded or not:

#include <File.au3>

$file_url = "https://www.dropbox.com/s/g76mnemzg2lai4z/file_to_NOT_proceed.txt?dl=1"

;downloading the file

$download_result = InetGet($file_url, @scriptdir & "\downloaded_file.txt", 3)

if $download_result <> 0 Then ;if the download worked

;checking if there is 1 or 0 inside the file

$file_content = ""

_FileReadToArray(@scriptdir & "\downloaded_file.txt", $file_content)

if IsArray($file_content) then ;if the file is not empty we search inside for 1

$search_for_number_one = _ArraySearch($file_content, "1", "", "", "", 1)

if $search_for_number_one <> -1 then ; the number 1 has been found inside the file so it must be proceeded

msgbox("","","file contains 1 and must be proceeded")

else

msgbox("","","file does NOT contain 1 and must NOT be proceeded")

EndIf

EndIf

endif

Enjoy :)

Edited by Neutro
34 minutes ago, Danyfirex said:

@Neutro Try to use some best coding practices.

Like this ?:

Global $inetFile = 'https://www.dropbox.com/s/c27k3gv5oanhjvc/file_to_proceed.txt?dl=1'
Global $localFile = @ScriptDir & "\file_to_proceed.txt"

ConsoleWrite("Download File: " & $inetFile & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("Save to: " & $localFile & @CRLF)
Global $dlResult = InetGet($inetFile, $localFile, 3) ? "OK" : "Failed" ; Download file
Global $iError = @error, $iKey = "1"
ConsoleWrite("Download result: " & ($dlResult) & " - Error=" & $iError & @CRLF)
If ($dlResult <> "OK") Then Exit MsgBox(48, @ScriptName, "Download file Error: " & $iError & @CRLF & "Link: " & $inetFile)

Global $sFileContent = FileRead($localFile) ;read file to var
If StringInStr($sFileContent, $iKey) Then ; check key
    MsgBox(32, @ScriptName, "OK - Do somethink here") ; OK
Else
    MsgBox(48, @ScriptName, "ERROR - " & $iKey & " is not found")
EndIf

Saludos

Edited by Trong

Regards,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rudi
      Hello,
      is there a way to use inetget() to catch the content of an 404 error page returned by the web server?

$URL="https://www.autoitscript.com/ThisPathDoesntExist" $content=InetGet($url,"c:\temp\xxx.html",1+2) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = "' & $content & """" & @CRLF & "@Extended: """ & @extended & """" & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console  
      >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\temp\löschmich\xxx.au3" /UserParams +>15:27:05 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.18.708.1148.0 SciTE v.4.1.0.0 Keyboard:00000407 OS:WIN_10/ CPU:X64 OS:X64 Environment(Language:0407) CodePage:0 utf8.auto.check:4 +> SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE UserDir => C:\Users\admin.AD\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\admin.AD\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 input:C:\temp\löschmich\xxx.au3 +>15:27:05 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\temp\löschmich\xxx.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop @@ Debug(6) : $content = "0" @Extended: "0" >Error code: 13 +>15:27:05 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0 +>15:27:05 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 0 Time: 0.9361  
      The browser (I use Chrome) is displaying this 404 page: (That's what I'd like to catch)
      Not Found The requested URL /ThisPathDoesntExist was not found on this server. html code (Browser ctrl+u):
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>404 Not Found</title> </head><body> <h1>Not Found</h1> <p>The requested URL /ThisPathDoesntExist was not found on this server.</p> </body></html>  
      Wireshark response 404 packet:
      Hypertext Transfer Protocol HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found\r\n Server: nginx\r\n Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 13:34:26 GMT\r\n Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n Content-Length: 217\r\n Connection: keep-alive\r\n Vary: Accept-Encoding\r\n \r\n [HTTP response 1/1] [Time since request: 0.056074000 seconds] [Request in frame: 1476] [Request URI: http://www.autoitscript.com/ThisPathDoesntExist] File Data: 217 bytes Line-based text data: text/html (7 lines) <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>404 Not Found</title> </head><body> <h1>Not Found</h1> <p>The requested URL /ThisPathDoesntExist was not found on this server.</p> </body></html> any suggestions appreciated,
      <edit> also tried _inetgetsource() and inetread() </edit>
      Rudi
    • By Zaoka
      HI,
      for couple of years I'm using  Jos script for sending reports, email with excel attachment. But from last week i'm getting this error when sending excel or word attachment
      message has lines too long for transport jpeg, pdf works with no problems, any sugestion ?
    • By diepfeile
      I'm using the following:
      Autoit 3.3.14.5
      newly installed Beta 3.3.15.5
      SQlite version 3380000 aka 3.38.0
      I put sqlite3.dll and sqlite3_x64.dll in C:\Windows\System32 since many scripts depend on them.

I extended the output of _SQLite_Startup()
      with:
      ConsoleWrite("@AutoItX64 " & @AutoItX64 & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("$sDll_Filename " & $sDll_Filename & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("_SQLite_LibVersion=" & _SQLite_LibVersion() & @CRLF)

Also using the script from https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_SQLite_Startup.htm for testing.

>Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 0 $sDll_Filename sqlite3.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=0 >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 1 $sDll_Filename sqlite3_x64.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=3.38.0 >Running:(3.3.15.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 0 $sDll_Filename sqlite3.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=0 >Running:(3.3.15.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\autoit3_x64.exe "R:\Download\aasdf.au3" @AutoItX64 1 $sDll_Filename sqlite3_x64.dll _SQLite_LibVersion=3.38.0

Why doesn't it work in 32bit, despite me having the 32bit sqlite.dll? Autoit urges running scripts in 32bit mode and Scite starts scripts just in 32bit mode without the flag?
      With #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=Y it just works, both normal Autoit and beta!
      sqlite3.dll sqlite3_x64.dll
    • By Iraj
      Hello Team, Greetings!
      Is there any way to run any 3rd party application silently in background without the GUI getting in the front ?
      I was implementing angry-ip scanner with autoit & wanted the angry-ip application to run in background quietly as I am copying its output to other file on completion. is there any way to achieve my query?
      Below is code I tried: 
      $range = "192.168.0.1 192.168.0.255" ShellExecuteWait("C:\Windows\DDM\ipscan.exe","-f:range "&$iprange&" -q -o C:\temp\ScanResults.csv","","open",@SW_HIDE) Thanks!
    • By PeterVerbeek
      This topic give you access to an AutoIt functions library I maintain which is called PAL, Peter's AutoIt Library. The latest version 1.26 contains 214 functions divided into these topics:
      window, desktop and monitor GUI, mouse and color GUI controls including graphical buttons (jpg, png) logics and mathematics include constants string, xml string and file string dialogues and progress bars data lists: lists, stacks, shift registers and key maps (a.ka. dictionaries) miscellaneous: logging/debugging, process and system info Change log and files section  on the PAL website (SourceForge).
      A lot of these functions were created in the development of Peace, Peter's Equalizer APO Configuration Extension, which is a user interface for the system-wide audio driver called Equalizer APO.