closing GUI the correct way

I am slowly modifying my current project as I come across more ways of making this bullet proof, 

I have a Gui thats been generated with the help of Koda and when there is some invalid input the script is set to display a message and then exit

but the Gui and the message box are still BOTH displayed together until the exit statement then they both close

So I have ,I think, got the Gui to close first  then display the messagebox but can you confirm I am doing this correctly

this is the gui form reference

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Frm_Assist = GUICreate("Assisted Login", 297, 404, 195, 122)

this is the code I would like confirmed that is within a case statement 

Case $Btn_Cancel
                GUIDelete($Frm_Assist)
            MsgBox(0, "Operation has been cancelled", "The Script will now quit.", 2)
            Exit

I don't feel I need to post the whole code as its just this  GUIDelete($Frm_Assist) that I need confirmed

many thanks for the help

Edited by mrmacro

If you ask about GUIDelete() then YES! 
GUIDelete()  for Deletes a GUI window and all controls that it contains.
You can use GUISetState() to hide the GUI

Example of GUI (Unrelated):

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

#Region ### START GUI section ### Form=
Global $hGUI = GUICreate("Assisted Login", 326, 62)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Use Name: ", 8, 8, 60, 17)
Global $iUname = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 80, 8, 145, 21)
GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password: ", 8, 32, 56, 17)
Global $iPassword = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 80, 32, 145, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, $ES_PASSWORD))
Global $bLogin = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 232, 8, 89, 49)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### START GUI section ### Form=

Global $uUname, $uPassword

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)
            Local $iAsk = MsgBox($MB_ICONWARNING + $MB_YESNO, "?", "You want to quit?")
            If $iAsk = 1 Or $iAsk = 6 Then
                MsgBox($MB_ICONWARNING, "Exit", "Operation has been cancelled" & @CRLF & "The Script will now quit.", 2)
                Exit
            EndIf
            GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
        Case $bLogin
            $uUnam = GUICtrlRead($iUname)
            $uPassword = GUICtrlRead($iPassword)
            MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Login INFO", "Uname: " & $uUnam & @CRLF & "Password: " & $uPassword, 2)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Regards,

many thanks

nice to get confirmation i am doing something right , and also get info on doing it another way

also as i understand , if i use GUIDelete($Frm_Assist)  and specifically put the name of the form that is created , then if i were to have as an example 2 different form open at the same time then it would only close the specifically referenced form $Frm_Assist = GUICreate("Assisted Login", 297, 404, 195, 122)

but i am guessing that if i used ' GUIDelete() '  then this would close both i am guessing if they were not rererenced with the form name

i will test this theory later but that is as i would guess it would work

Thanks again

On 14/07/2017 at 10:18 AM, mrmacro said:

many thanks

nice to get confirmation i am doing something right , and also get info on doing it another way

also as i understand , if i use GUIDelete($Frm_Assist)  and specifically put the name of the form that is created , then if i were to have as an example 2 different form open at the same time then it would only close the specifically referenced form $Frm_Assist = GUICreate("Assisted Login", 297, 404, 195, 122)

but i am guessing that if i used ' GUIDelete() '  then this would close both i am guessing if they were not rererenced with the form name

i will test this theory later but that is as i would guess it would work

Thanks again

I tested my theory and it seems that telling the GUIDelete($Frm_Assist)  or the other GUIDelete($Frm_Assist2)  the specific form to delete works by name works but if you just put GUIDelete() then it only deletes one of them