Associate Wks to "wks group" in NDS (ConsoleOne)

kpu

Does anyone have or know of a script to assositate workstations to a "Workstation Group" in NDS?

I have 280 workstations to associate! :P

Is there a DOS Command hanging around somewhere..?? If anyone has had to do this, you know my pain.

Change your Workstation Import Policy to add new workstations to a WS Group and re-register with ZWSREG.EXE, which is part of the ZEN agent.

zwsreg.exe -importserver 1.2.3.4 -unreg

zwsreg.exe -importserver 1.2.3.4 -importpolicy "AWS_Policy_Name:General:Workstation Import.OU2_Name.OU1_Name.Your_O_Name"

Don't know 100% if unregister and re-register will actually do the group add, but it should. If it doesn't you've have to make a new Workstation Import Policy and use it to re-register to instead, then make it the default AWI policy after all is done. BTW, a Workstation Import policy doesn't have to be associated with a server, it could be created just for purposes like the above...

P.S. This is in the AutoIt forum why?

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

Thanks for your input and ideas. I'll give it a try when I get back to work.

P.S. This is in the AutoIt forum why?

This is here because I want to automate this process using AutoIt. Using the utility found here: http://www.jrbsoftware.com/06utils/utils6.htm#Wgrpadd, I can write a GUI to pull all Workstation Groups to a ComboBox using "nlist.exe". Then after compliling a list in a file of workstations that need to be put in that group, I'll use the "filereadline" to shell a command to put workstations in a Workstation Group. Thus automating the process... :P

Hence this question:

Does anyone have or know of a script to associate workstations to a "Workstation Group" in NDS?

As they say here, "Cheers!"