Grab video feed from a window and show it in a GUI designed using AutoIt

@FrancescoDiMuro

There is this software that captures the video feed from a microscope. I intend to grab that and along with some other enhancements recast that feed into a GUI designed by me. Basically, this will allow my research team to make some changes to the microscope parameters and see the changes live right next to the controls that were used to do those changes.

I do not know if this explains your question. Than you for taking interest and initiative in helping me out here. Please let me know if you need to know anything else. :)

Edited by techsray

how are you currently accessing the feed, can you determine the URL of the current stream?  Tell us everything you know about the <Software> and the <Video>.  Because that could be literally thousands of combinations of things that require different solutions.  And then be prepared for a super slow walk through on how to write AutoIt.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

On 7/26/2017 at 2:09 PM, iamtheky said:

how are you currently accessing the feed, can you determine the URL of the current stream?  Tell us everything you know about the <Software> and the <Video>.  Because that could be literally thousands of combinations of things that require different solutions.  And then be prepared for a super slow walk through on how to write AutoIt.

@iamtheky

The software is OPUS from Bruker and the video feed is from a microscope (an not over any URL: as far as I know currently). The computer that this software runs on is completely separated from outside network.

Well done, i am concerned that my googling skills are deteriorating; or thats the most niche shit ever and all of the words should be in the title of the post.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)