how to use xpath in IE

• Moderators

@vick Please pay attention to where you post in the future. The Examples forum very clearly states:

Do not post general support questions here, instead use the AutoIt Help and Support forums.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi,

I have tried something like below but not worked. can you tell me what is wrong here pls?

$xpathForumLink = "//a[@class='bg_P']"

$oIE = _IECreate("https://google.ca",True,True)
Sleep(2000)
$aForumLink = BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes($oIE,$xpathForumLink)
_IEAction($aForumLink,"click")

i am getting something like in console log:

IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch
Start Function=[BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes] with $sXPath=[//a[@class='bg_P']].
Start Function=[BGe_RecursiveGetObjWithAttributes] level=[0]: $sNodeName=[a], $bNodeIsRelative=[True] $bIsConstrainted=[True].
Start Function=[BGe_RecursiveGetObjWithAttributes] level=[0]: $sNodeName=[a], $bNodeIsRelative=[True] $bIsConstrainted=[True].

22 minutes ago, vick said:

if i have table like below:

"//table[@id='_ctl0__ctl39__ctl0__ctl1_wgWorkItems__baseGrid']/tbody/tr[4]/td[3]"

how i can get text from it in loop or without loop?

So you are trying to retrieve the text from 3rd cell from the 4th row?

You could try

_IEPropertyGet($aResult[0], 'innertext')

where $aResult is the resulting array from the prior call to BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes

i tried that way but getting this error:

Start Function=[BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes] with $sXPath=[//input[@id='_ctl0__ctl39__ctl0__ctl0_btnFind']].
Start Function=[BGe_RecursiveGetObjWithAttributes] level=[0]: $sNodeName=[input], $bNodeIsRelative=[True] $bIsConstrainted=[True].
Start Function=[BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes] with $sXPath=[//table[@id='_ctl0__ctl39__ctl0__ctl1_wgWorkItems_tblWebGrid']/tbody/tr[4]/td[3]].
ParseXPathConstraint: Callers XPath/Node/Conditions not well formed=[4]
ParseXPathConstraints: Callers XPath/Node/Conditions not well formed=[4]
ParseXPath: Callers XPath/Node/Conditions not well formed=[tr[4]]
BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes: Callers XPath/Node/Conditions not well formed=[//table[@id='_ctl0__ctl39__ctl0__ctl1_wgWorkItems_tblWebGrid']/tbody/tr[4]/td[3]]
"C:\Users\patelvi.DIAGLABS\Desktop\temp.au3" (68) : ==> Expected a variable in user function call.:
MsgBox(0,"",_IEPropertyGet($vp[0],'innertext'))

It's much easier to grab the table, and then throw that object into:

_IETableWriteToArray

But it looks like you aren't using the most current function I provided, where it allows for the [#]...I'll look at my post, and make sure it's updated in a bit.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.