File and folder hiding problem

Hi.

First you have to make all hidden files visible. This snippet I use to toggle between showing/not showing hidden files:

Local $siAktuell = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "Hidden")
Switch $siAktuell
    Case 1  ;Hidden Files are visible
        RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "Hidden", "REG_DWORD", "00000002"); hide them
    Case 2  ;Hidden Files are unvisible
        RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced", "Hidden", "REG_DWORD", "00000001"); show them all
EndSwitch
Exit

Regards, Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Hi.

Describe the problem. What did you do? What happens, what happens not? How is your workflow? What are the (error) messages in the console?

Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Hi.

I get @@ Debug(3) : $test = 3. But only if I chose a hidden file. A not hidden file has no attribute "H".

Conrad

Is this code wrong?

ElseIf StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($aFileFolder),"AH") Then

If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($aFileFolder),"-H") Then
    FileSetAttrib($aFileFolder, "+H", 1)
    FileSetAttrib($aFileFolder, "-H", 1)
EndIf

Or this

If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($aFileFolder),"-H") Then
ElseIf StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($aFileFolder),"A") Then
EndIf

Edited by youtuber

You have to change +H and -H:

$aFileFolder = FileOpenDialog("Test", @ScriptDir & "\", "All (*)")

If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($aFileFolder),"H") Then
Else
EndIf

If attribute is "H" then it is hidden and you want to unhide it so set new attribute to "-H". Otherwise set it hidden with "+H"

Conrad

Click on

FileGetAttrib()

and you can read it in the helpfile.

Conrad

You want to hide/unhide folders? Same as in my example above. You only have to change FileOpenDialog with FileSelectFolder - what you already did in your snippet.

Conrad

Ok nearly. If you use FileSelectFolder you will always only get folders. So you don't have to check whether it has the attribute "D". What you want to know is if the folder is hidden (means attribute "H").

So change in line 2 "D" with "H" and it should work. Conrad