[Solved] AutoIt help crash

Hello !

I've been using the AutoIt help file for a while and since 2 hours, when I press F1 into the AutoIt editor, the help file open and.. crash. It happen every time.

But ! The the source file is not the problem because when i execute the chm file from AutoIt install directory it works ! I didn't made anything that would cause the error to the help file, I was just writing some code.

I tried to

- Reinstall AutoIt3 AND Scite4AutoIt3

- Search for some help on Google but.. I'm here because I didn't found anything interesting

- Replace the .chm file with the one of another computer who it works on.

I don't have any ideas of how to fix this..

Does someone know this problem and maybe know how to fix it ?

Edited by hcI
Problem solved for unknown reason, by doing nothing :O

• Developers

What happens when you run AutoIt3Help.exe from the AutoIt3 program directory?
What exactly does crash mean in your case?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos

AutoIt3Help.exe crash when I launch It

When I mean "crash" I mean when it open, I have Windows instant telling me that " AutoIt3Help.exe stopped working" and I can only close the application or search for online help.

• Developers

Do you have any AV product that could be seeing this file as a false positive and interfering? Anyway to deactivate it for this file to test?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi,

the help files are at a local drive or a network or removable drive?

Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Maybe it's a stupid question but you already did restart your computer?

Conrad

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

• Developers

Lets indeed try the latest version of AutoIt3Help  as you are running an older version that did have some issue.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.