Powershell Gallery

MattHiggs

3 hours ago, iamtheky said:

Sure, but save for making them publicly available, the problem now is ultimately:

You have 5 files, that are not flagged by any AV, that need to get to the client systems.

Good thing PSGallery is absolutely not a file in a folder that you obtain from cloud storage...

I don't think those last couple of assertions are accurate for enterprise these days, there are file shares in the AzureAD and o365 portals intended for All Users / and if you need a location only admins need to get to there are a few hundred of those.  Probably more stuff there than not as it makes compliance easy af when you throw into a govcloud.

Ok @iamtheky.  I am done with this conversation.  You have done nothing but...I don't really know what your goal in engaging in this conversation has been, but this conversation is over.  There are 2 main differences between Powershell gallery and using cloud based storage and external media to store the files: 1) enterprises can, and often do, block the use of external disks and cloud based services in order to prevent employees from bringing potentially harmful files into the environment and preventing employees from taking data that they shouldn't have outside the environment, and 2) I can't install the module from the powershell console with the package management module.  And while what you say is true concerning companies having office 365 and those file shares and all that, I was referring to cloud services the company didnt officially implement.  Furthermore, once again (I feel like I am having to constantly repeat myself), I am looking for a UNIVERSAL solution that would not require different accounts/different sets of credentials/different file share applications to use, as I work with numerous companies and they are ALL DIFFERENT.  What can be said about one can't be universally applied to all.  Just accept the fact that I have a way that works and that I like, would like to potentially make the process even easier, and am requesting permission from the creator of the module to implement.  Any post which is not attempting to assist with that does not belong here.

Edited by MattHiggs

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MattHiggs said:

@JLogan3o13I wasn't asking for a phone number.  More like an email address that he regularly checks.  That I would think wouldn't be unreasonable.

Apparently either the fact that I was being facetious did not come across, or you are taking what I said far too seriously...

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 9:14 PM, JLogan3o13 said:

Apparently either the fact that I was being facetious did not come across, or you are taking what I said far too seriously...

@JLogan3o13  Ah.  I see.  Sorry dude.  I have Asperger's Syndrome.  One of my weaknesses:

• inability to understand social/emotional issues or nonliteral phrases

Edited by MattHiggs