Editing Registry key values

I'm having trouble with editing registry keys.  When I try to compile, I get multiple syntax errors, but only on lines that have dwords that have letters in them, such as: RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console", "ColorTable12", "reg_dword", 000000ff).  This will throw a syntax error.

Other lines, such as: RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console", "HistoryBufferSize", "reg_dword", 00000032) are OK.

Why can't "lettered" values be used.  The lettered values were specified to be used by a customer.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

• Moderators

Have you tried putting quotes around the last parameter?

Edit: actually it looks like you're entering 000000ff rather than 0x00000ff, this works with no quotes

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Make sure your output is what you expect, without the x you're not going to get the hex you would think.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Using Regedit, I checked the new registry values and all worked well.  Now I'm trying to display specified registry keys using consolewrite, but it is throwing an error.  I am running the script from a DOS prompt, and would like to display the values in dos also.  Is this possible?

Local $sVar = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console", "FullScreen")
ConsoleWrite($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "The new values are: ", $sVar)

Edited by rlemoine002
added example