[WoW Game] Retrieving some info (not bot!)

Hello, first of all I hope to not break any rules, I know games bot request are not allowed but this is definitely not a bot or something bannable so I try to write and explain it.

I have the game WoW and I often need to know the ID of the gear I'm equipping, like head, shoulders, chest and so on. So the command is pretty simple: for the head you just open the chat and paste this (it's LUA)

/script print("Head ID: "..GetInventoryItemID("player",1))

Now I could put that in a macro and click it, also I can put more lines and get more IDs about other slots, but the fact is I have 18 slot totals..and the 255 character limit on the macro creation doesn't allow me to write every ID. I even tried with a "for cycle" from 1 to 18 but it prints only first 3.

So, I can simply copy paste the string everytime I need the info about what I'm equipping, it's not that hard, but I was wondering, is there a fast way with autoit, to read the game and just print every ID on a separate field? Like a button "Retrieve Gear Information" and it compiles the fields.

Let me know if first, it's legal and it's not considered a bot (in that case, I really apologize), but most of all if that requires a lot of work or it can be done with few lines. If it's too complicated obviously I don't need it, I will stick with the copy/paste thing on the game chat.

Thanks, have a nice day!

• Moderators

@dogscripter our forum rules are pretty clear:

• Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!