Resizing a class inside an Outlook 2013 window?

HI folks,

while using Outlook 2013 I am always irritated by the small size of the "Move Items" window. Not sure if this can be resolved without AutoIt, but can you give me any pointers as to how to resize that inner Class (SysTreeView32 according to Au3Info) inside that window? I can resize the window itself, as shown below, but the scrollable list stays the same size...

outlook_move_items.jpg

3 minutes ago, joeyeti said:

HI folks,

while using Outlook 2013 I am always irritated by the small size of the "Move Items" window. Not sure if this can be resolved without AutoIt, but can you give me any pointers as to how to resize that inner Class (SysTreeView32 according to Au3Info) inside that window? I can resize the window itself, as shown below, but the scrollable list stays the same size...

outlook_move_items.jpg

Pretty sure its not possible.  Since the window you are trying to manipulate is not an autoit window, concerning control manipulation, you are pretty much limited to the below functions:

0qVlo7s.png

Thx Matt!

After fiddling with ControlMove I finally got it. Not sure if the Class name for the "Move Items" window is different on a different PC and I could have used the Window name instead, but whatever, it works nevertheless. I also moved the lower two buttons, just for visuals.

If WinExists ("Move Items","Move the selected items to") then
    WinActivate("Move Items","Move the selected items to")
    WinMove("Move Items","Move the selected items to", 350, 50, 620, 800)

; Move the SysTreeView32 and Button controls of Outlook 2013 (window "Move Items").
    ControlMove("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "[CLASS:SysTreeView32; INSTANCE:1]", 6, 23, 500, 750)
    ControlMove("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:1]", 520, 23)
    ControlMove("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", 520, 73)
    ControlMove("[CLASS:#32770]", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]", 520, 103)    

Sleep(2500)
EndIf

outlook_move_items.jpg

1 hour ago, MattHiggs said:

...Since the window you are trying to manipulate is not an autoit window,

Not true.  the Control* functions you pointed out can manipulate controls not created (instantiated) by AutoIt.   The ControlMove function has an example (for example) which resized the Edit control inside Notepad.  

If memory serves, many of the _GUI* UDF functions can also interact with controls not created with AutoIt as long as you have the proper handle, but I can't find an example to demonstrate this...so I might be crazy.