Question

Sardith

I've little C in the past thats about as deep as I've got with making my own programs. I've been using AutoIt v3 for a week now, I can decipher and do little with AutoIt. Befor a blab on, what would be a good way to learn AutoIt? I've read the documentation.

Any advice would be great.

Jeff

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

I've little C in the past thats about as deep as I've got with making my own programs. I've been using AutoIt v3 for a week now, I can decipher and do little with AutoIt. Befor a blab on, what would be a good way to learn AutoIt? I've read the documentation.

Any advice would be great.

Jeff

You won't learn it unitl you have a reason to use it.

I do have a reason(s) to use Autoit, sorta interested in making a macro program, a simple bot, hide a exe(s) and last but not least, maybe most importantly... changing a .exe name in task manger.

IE. Tt has a set numbers, and after a given time it changes the name. Program name is 1 let's say, next time you run the program its 21234 or something.

Edited by Sardith

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

I do have a reason(s) to use Autoit, sorta interested in making a macro program, a simple bot, hide a exe(s) and last but not least, maybe most importantly... changing a .exe name in task manger.

IE. Tt has a set numbers, and after a given time it changes the name. Program name is 1 let's say, next time you run the program its 21234 or something.

This sounds an aweful lot like a virus type of program feature. Please clarify why this would be useful at all.

Just as others have said above. Until you use it reading the documentation is a good way to start.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

The title changer is for the bot, to help cover it up. It's not for a virus, but for Counter-Strike. Vac 2.

VAC 2 does a program name search for known hacks, and if anything I ever make something that goes public Id like the extra step for detection reasons.

Edited by Sardith

I was thinking about what I wanted, I can change the title but, how do you change a .exe name?

When quitting the script how would you change the title back to "Question" ? The script below doesn't work.

Dim $titlerename ,$titleexit

Func OnAutoItExit()
    $titleexit = WinSetTitle ("New name of window", "","Question")
EndFunc

While 1
    $titlerename = WinSetTitle ( "Question", "", "New name of window" )
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
EndFunc

While 1
    WinSetTitle ( "Question", "", "New name of window" )
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
Edited by Sardith

When quitting the script how would you change the title back to "Question" ? The script below doesn't work.

Dim $titlerename ,$titleexit
Func OnAutoItExit()
    $titleexit = WinSetTitle ("New name of window", "","Question")
EndFunc
While 1
    $titlerename = WinSetTitle ( "Question", "", "New name of window" )
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
EndFunc
While 1
    WinSetTitle ( "Question", "", "New name of window" )
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
the code that i gave was just for a loader. it creates an included file, then renames the file, compiles it, then deletes it when you're done, so there is nothing to rename. the code you've included is bad; you have an extra EndFunc, and you have 2 loops setting the name of the window, and no exit condition for either loop.

you could do this:

$oldname = WinGetTitle($gui)
winsetname($gui,"New name of window"
Func OnAutoItExit()
    WinSetTitle ("New name of window", "",$oldname)
EndFunc

Sorry to sound like a idiot, but I lost your code. didn't save it in my script folder.

Edited by Sardith

Sorry to sound like a idiot, but the $gui... is causing a error.

right, because it doesn't mean anything in the context that you're applying it if you're just copy and pasting. the GUICreate examples all use $gui as variable to store the handle to the gui being created. Change it to whatever variable name you used with your GUICreate.