My Aurite Dashboard

Snarg

Hello,

It has been quite some time since I have used AutoIt so, please, bear with me. I have never really delved into the IE aspects of AutoIt so I feel very much out of my element. Let me explain what I am trying to do.

I have a temperature sensor out doors. It is linked to an Acurite hub. The hub allows me to display the current temperature on my computer. I can set the sensor to send me an alarm when the temperature reaches a certain point but, it is only an email/text alarm. This does not help me when I am asleep as I generally turn notification sounds on my phone off.

What I would like to do is have an AutoIt program scan the Acurite Dashboard page every X seconds. It the temp is at, or below, a certain threshold, play a .wav or .mp3 file. The computer volume will be VERY LOUD, so I am certain to hear it.

As I have previously stated, I have little to no IT experience so, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a screenshot of what I am trying to work on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1itFazd.png

A little reading goes a long way. Post count means nothing.

A few pointers --

• If the site will be already loaded, use _IEAttach to get a reference to the correct tab. Otherwise, use _IECreate to launch the site.
  • Simplest solution is probably to use the IEByXPath UDF to get a reference to the designed element.
  • Once you have the element reference, check it's innerText property

Good luck!