This is why i dont want to use TrayTip anymore

Try this on windows 8 or 10.

Even when script is long gone, countless tray tips keep popping out.

So annoying.

TrayTip ("Title","Hello1",1)
TrayTip ("Title","Hello2",1)
TrayTip ("Title","Hello3",1)
TrayTip ("Title","Hello4",1)
TrayTip ("Title","Hello5",1)
TrayTip ("Title","Hello6",1)

They will stack one on top of another instead of closing previous and showing the current one.

Not to mention the delay is no longer working.

According to the help file: "To clear a balloon tip that is being displayed, call another tip with an empty text string (and any title)."
So what do you get when you set an empty tray tip at the end of your script?

TrayTip ("Title","")

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

9 hours ago, water said:

According to the help file: "To clear a balloon tip that is being displayed, call another tip with an empty text string (and any title)."
So what do you get when you set an empty tray tip at the end of your script?

TrayTip ("Title","")

You forgot to add 1

Does not work anyway.

Its funny how people reply without trying it first. Are you on XP or VIsta still ?

Edited by tonycst

I'm running Windows 7 and you asked to test it on Windows 8 or 10 :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Traytip literally does nothing on my Win10 16257.rs_prerelease. 

So I have the opposite problem, but would come to the same conclusion and just use Melbas Toast UDF.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

What is prerelease  ?

Its out long time ago.

I dont know what is Toast UDF .

TrayTip needs to work as intended. I assume there were changes in the OS that autoit devs are not aware of regarding the traytip because timeout setting has absolutely no effect.

1 hour ago, tonycst said:

What is prerelease  ?

Its out long time ago.

its 12 days old.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/08/08/announcing-windows-server-insider-preview-build-16257/#4D1R6GSPFfcU3HXL.97 

Also, the entire OS has changed twice since the last major build of AutoIt, the UDFs fill those gaps.

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

tonycst,

10 hours ago, tonycst said:

I dont know what is Toast UDF

Look in my sig and you will soon find out.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi @tonycst, you are obviously annoyed.  Would you mind explaining more? I run a variety of WinXP, Win7, Win8 and Win10 computers.  TrayTips are used for a variety of "user updates" and mine all seem to work as expected.  Am I missing something?

Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

yea.

if you would at least try the script i made on windows 10 (i have professional if that makes any difference), you would notice that traytips keep poping out even when script ended.

Also does not matter what timeout you set, they keep poping at same rate about 6 seconds.

Try like 20  traytip's./ it will drive u mad

Edited by tonycst

i am on Windows 10 Home, upgraded for free from Windows 8

running your script does the following on my pc...

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello1" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello2" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello3" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello4" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello5" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello6" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears and no more pop up.

If @error Then
    MsgBox(262192, "", @ComputerName & " slaps " & @UserName & " around a bit with a large trout!")
EndIf

"Yeah yeah yeah patience, how long will that take?"  -Ed Gruberman

REAL search results  |  SciTE4AutoIt3 Editor Full Version

On 8/26/2017 at 11:58 PM, alienclone said:

i am on Windows 10 Home, upgraded for free from Windows 8

running your script does the following on my pc...

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello1" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello2" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello3" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello4" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello5" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears for about 1 second.

toast notification in bottom right corner of screen pops out with "Title" "Hello6" with Autoit default icon. stays onscreen for about 5 seconds. notification disappears and no more pop up.

Exactly the problem.

They keep popping out even when script is exited long time ago, not to mention the timeout setting dont work and they also should cancel previous one and just pop the new one, but they dont, they keep STACKING on top of another.

I use traytip for troubleshooting and status update on the script. Its only one line of code and is visual on the screen.

No more i guess.

That sounds like a Windows issue, because AutoIt isn't even running when it's happening.

N.B. I ran PowerShell script and it exhibits the exact same behavior.

[void] [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("System.Windows.Forms")

$objNotifyIcon = New-Object System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon

$objNotifyIcon.Icon = "C:\Scripts\MyAutoIt3_Green.ico"
$objNotifyIcon.BalloonTipIcon = "Info"
$objNotifyIcon.BalloonTipText = "Retrieving files from C:\Windows."
$objNotifyIcon.BalloonTipTitle = "Retrieving Files"

$objNotifyIcon.Visible = $True
$objNotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(10000)

Get-ChildItem C:\Windows

$objNotifyIcon.BalloonTipText = "The script has finished running."
$objNotifyIcon.BalloonTipTitle = "Files retrieved."

$objNotifyIcon.Visible = $True
$objNotifyIcon.ShowBalloonTip(10000)

Change the line for $objNotifyIcon.icon to the path to a legitimate icon file. It doesn't seem to use the icon for it, but without it the traytips won't show and I don't know enough PS to bother with a workaround.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator