How to pass command line arguments to a program(Python) from RunWait

I want to run a python script from autoit. 

I know we can do this with shellexecute or run , but this python script takes 3 cmd line arguments.

How to pass them from autoit script?

I tried many ways.

Following solution also not working 

e.g. 

RunWait( 'fullpath\Python.exe Scriptpath\ReadLog.py  -f "file.log" -k "key" -e "errMsg" ')

Found solution:

RunWait( 'fullpath\Python.exe ReadLog.py  -f "file.log" -k "key" -e "errMsg" ', 'Working_directory_path')

PFB description:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45757834/how-to-pass-command-line-arguments-to-a-python-script-anyscript-while-executin

Edited by breakbadsp
  • Developers

Try something like this:

RunWait( '"fullpath\Python.exe" "Scriptpath\ReadLog.py"  -f "file.log" -k "key" -e "errMsg" ')

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By chenni037
      I need to save the execution result as a text file. Is there any solution?
      ShellExecute ( "filename" [, "parameters" [, "workingdir" [, "verb" [, showflag]]]] )    if  parameters have " > " can't Execute correctly, 
      Example 1:
      ShellExecute("diskspd.exe", "-b128K  -c64M f:\estfile.dat > test123.txt", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)  ;Error
      ShellExecute("diskspd.exe", "-b128K  -c64M f:\estfile.dat", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)                         ;OK
      Example 2:
      ShellExecute("help", "dir > helpdir.txt", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)  ;Error
      ShellExecute("help", "dir", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)                         ;OK
      T1.au3
    • By DanielRossinsky
      I've been working for quite a while on an automated installer for python3.8.3 and Thonny3.2.7 and encountered a pretty strange problem - automated python install work perfectly. However using pip to install esptool returns error code 1. The strange thing is if i manually install it after running the python installer it does indeed install correctly (returns 0 instead).
      The code i was using:
      Local Const $sInstallerPath = @ScriptDir & "\python-3.8.3.exe" Local $PythonResult = RunWait($sInstallerPath & " /quiet") Local $ESPToolResult = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "pip install esptool") MsgBox(0, "Installer returns", "Python result: " & $PythonResult & @CRLF & "esptool result: " & $ESPToolResult) Than I thought that maybe python installer fires off multiple processes during installation and tried :
      Local Const $sInstallerPath = @ScriptDir & "\python-3.8.3.exe" Local $iPID = Run($sInstallerPath & " /quiet") Local $PythonResult = ProcessWaitClose($iPID) Local $ESPToolResult = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "pip install esptool") MsgBox(0, "Installer returns", "Python result: " & $PythonResult & @CRLF & "esptool result: " & $ESPToolResult) However, The problem still remains. some-why esptool install refuses to be automated with python but if i comment out the python install part it does work ?! (note that i comment it out after the script already installed python and did not manually install it myself).
      Any idea why this happens ?
      NOTE: I added the unattend.xml file im using but python.exe was too big - I'm using python3.8.3 for compatibility with thonny and the unattend files makes a minimal install just for thonny to work (target platform esp32 with micopython)
      unattend.xml
    • By ambad4u
      Hello and Good Day to All!
      I am trying to install .NET 3.5 on Windows 10 x64bit via autoit (via ShellExecuteWait + PowerShell).
      If I run this line, it will runs without issues:
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & @ScriptDir & '\OJP83BU523.ps1' & '"') "OJP83BU523.ps1" contains: DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFX3 /All /Source:D:\Sources\sxs /LimitAccess
      However, since I won't know in advance the drive letter of the "sources" folder, I created a script to generate a PowerShell Script to give a correct path for it.
      With the modified script below, PowerShell only blinks and nothing happens
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & @ScriptDir & '\' & $filename & '"') or
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & $filename & '"')  
      I wish I know the difference with "$filename" and "\OJP83BU523.ps1" usage, as for me, it should be the same.
      Attached is my entire autoit script.
      any help is appreciated!, many thanks in advance!
      test.au3
    • By pete_wilde
      Hi Guys,
      I am trying to convert a python script to AutoIT, but it is not returning any data.

My aim is to eventually have a script which sends me an email whenever a goal is scored in the English Premiership.
      Is there any guru who can have a quick look over the below script and see if there are any obvious errors?
      To use a football analogy, I think that I have hit the bar a couple of times, but not yet found the back of the net! 
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- PYTHON CODE: import requests import json endpoint = "https://api.betfair.com/exchange/betting/rest/v1.0/" header = { 'X-Application' : 'APP_KEY_HERE', 'X-Authentication' : 'SESSION_TOKEN_HERE' ,'content-type' : 'application/json' } json_req='{"filter":{ }}' url = endpoint + "listEventTypes/" response = requests.post(url, data=json_req, headers=header) print json.dumps(json.loads(response.text), indent=3) #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include <WinHttp.au3> Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1) Global $sAddress = 'https://api.betfair.com/exchange/betting/json-rpc/v1/' Global $sPostData = 'https://api.betfair.com/exchange/betting/json-rpc/v1/listEventTypes/' Global $sAppKey = '4YpsEhdsgtedjd' Global $sSession_key = 'BhKl7Ijdu4E3pzHhKu7K5fQrvzf9p3wq/diRMt7bZka7' Global $sjson_req = '{"filter":{ }}' Global $hOpen = _WinHttpOpen() ; Get Session handle ; ##### CHECKED AND VALID HANDLE IS RETURNED ##### Global $hConnect = _WinHttpConnect($hOpen, $sAddress) ; Get connection handle ; ##### CHECKED AND VALID HANDLE IS RETURNED ##### Global $hRequest = _WinHttpOpenRequest($hConnect, 'POST') ; Make a request ; ##### CHECKED AND VALID HANDLE IS RETURNED ##### ; Add header fields to the request _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, 'X-Application: ' & $sAppKey) _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, 'X-Authentication: ' & $sSession_key) _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, 'Accept: application/json') _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, 'Content-Type: application/json') _WinHttpSendRequest($sPostData, 'Data=' & $sjson_req, $hRequest) ; Send it _WinHttpReceiveResponse($hRequest) ; Wait for the response ; Check if there is a response Global $sHeader, $sReturned If _WinHttpQueryDataAvailable($hRequest) Then $sHeader = _WinHttpQueryHeaders($hRequest) MsgBox(64, 'Header', $sHeader) Do $sReturned &= _WinHttpReadData($hRequest) Until @error ConsoleWrite($sReturned) ; Print returned Else ConsoleWriteError('!No data available.' & @CRLF) MsgBox(48, 'Failure', 'No data available.') ;##### <==== ALWAYS FAILS HERE! ##### EndIf ; Close handles _WinHttpCloseHandle($hRequest) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hConnect) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen) I am sure that I have probably missed out a vital line, but for the life of me I can't see the wood for the trees anymore.
      Anyone got any suggestions?
      Many thanks,
      Pete
    • By iAmNewbe
      I created an application to catch keyboard programmed keys.  Some of the keys open URL's via ShellExecute and then they open in the default browser.

The problem I am having is that when the browser is opened in this manner 3rd party applications such as Logitech Setpoint for Logitech mouse and keyboards and programs like auto password form filling stop working with the browser.  In the mouse specific situation the Cruise Up and Cruise Down buttons, normally back and forward, do not work. If I open the browser manually via the browsers icon and then press the keyboard buttons to open the web page everything works normally.

I have two questions:

1:  Why does 
      ShellExecute("http://www.autoitscript.com") when the browser is not open and then is launched, via the above line, cause third party apps to not be able to interface with the browser?

2:  What is a better way to launch URL's if not via ShellExecute?

The application is NOT using #RequireAdmin and is not 64bit.