Client\Server Q

Deye

Hi,

1. Scenario 1:
client's (listening script) connects to server (listening script) which is on a private network 

Q. Will the server script see the client connections with IPs like (192.168.x.x) 
Does (192.168.x.x) vary for the different connections (multiple users) ?

Since I'm only testing this locally .., I would like some opinions on what to expect and what are known\preferable ways to deal with such connections

Thanks

Yes, you will see private connections as 192.168.x.x. Every computer in the local private network will have a unique 192.168.x.x address

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

Thanks

a. What about external connections from the internet out of the local network ?
do I get external IPs for clients ?

b. What happens when a client (script) first connects to the server (script) with one socket
then on the same time the client executes a browser link that contains an http "GET"  to the server 
will that keep 2 sockets open between the client and server ? 1 for the browser and one for conversing in messages ? 

1 minute ago, Deye said:

do I get external IPs for clients ?

Yes, the IPs for external clients will be out of the private IP range

3 minutes ago, Deye said:

b. What happens when a client (script) first connects to the server (script) with one socket
then on the same time the client executes a browser link that contains an http "GET"  to the server 
will that keep 2 sockets open between the client and server ? 1 for the browser and one for conversing in messages ? 

Not sure what you mean... the client executing a browser link or doing anything else will not effect the socket. The socket for the "GET" request is different and does not interfere with the other socket.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion