AutoIt Script blocks AutoHotKey's Hotstring func?

abokdl

Im confused, what was supposed to happen with the autoit script?

I don't see any code detecting 'ofc' keys.

As far as autohotkey, maybe it would be better to search help in their forums.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

12 hours ago, careca said:

Im confused, what was supposed to happen with the autoit script?

I don't see any code detecting 'ofc' keys.

As far as autohotkey, maybe it would be better to search help in their forums.

I already did.

AutoIt has nothing to do with the AutoHotKey script at all. I believe it's because it reserved HotKeys, so that other programms, for example AutoHotKey, doesn't have access to these HotKeys.

When you type "ofc" it turns into "of forgotten ceen". Look at the AutoHotKey script. But since AutoIt has

HotKeySet("{SPACE}", "_space")

it turns out to be "offorgottenceen", since it doesn't has access to the Spacebar.

I think only a true pro could solve this.

I see what you mean, thinking about a hook.

What about using _ispressed?

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

10 hours ago, careca said:

I see what you mean, thinking about a hook.

What about using _ispressed?

That is a good idea careca. Unfortunately, I don't know how to build it in. I literally have no idea. I couldn't imagine how the Script would look like. Can you help me there a little bit? _ispressed could really solve this. Just hope it will "unreserve" these HotKeys. So, I basically JUST want both programms (AutoHotkey and AutoIt) to have access to the same keys. Even

If Not $g_bPause Then Send("3")

is reserving "3", so that one of my other AutoHotKey scripts doesn't trigger a special function since it is reserved by AutoIt.

Edited by abokdl

Ispressed random example

If $Alter = 1 Then
        If _IsPressed("26") = True And _IsPressed("DC") = True Then
            UP()
        EndIf
        If _IsPressed("28") = True And _IsPressed("DC") = True Then
            DN()
        EndIf
    EndIf

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

• Moderators

abokdl,

Why are you using 2 scripts in different languages? Surely it would be better to use a single language and a single script?

And exactly what are you trying to do? If we understood the context which requires both HotKeys and "hot string"s we might be able to suggest a way to get round the difficulty you are facing.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

5 hours ago, careca said:

Ispressed random example

If $Alter = 1 Then
        If _IsPressed("26") = True And _IsPressed("DC") = True Then
            UP()
        EndIf
        If _IsPressed("28") = True And _IsPressed("DC") = True Then
            DN()
        EndIf
    EndIf

Thanks for your example, careca.

3 hours ago, Melba23 said:

abokdl,

Why are you using 2 scripts in different languages? Surely it would be better to use a single language and a single script?

And exactly what are you trying to do? If we understood the context which requires both HotKeys and "hot string"s we might be able to suggest a way to get round the difficulty you are facing.

M23

I'm using AutoHotKey and AutoIt because there used to be a AutoHotKey script that caused problems with its HotStrings, so that (example) "ofc" would turn out to be "of forgotten ceen" instead of "of forgotten ceen3". Idiscussed the problem on their forums. But nobody was able to help me. So I switched to AutoIt and it solved my problem.

Someone modified my old AutoIt script, then added these "Pause/Resume" functions as you can see in the Script I posted above, the EXACT way I always wanted it to be. What the script does is it puts a "3" at the end of any sentence you type. When typing sentences like "Hello forum" and you would press Enter, it would look like "Hello forum3" everytime, but if you'd type "Hello forum1", it would avoid the "3" at the end, so that it wouldn't look like "Hello forum13", you know? And the space func is very important, because when typing sentences like "City small1 and big" it'd look like "City small1 and big3" since the Spacebar resumed the "3" function. But I think you understand the Script's explanation better than my one.

And yes, I think using one single script and language (AutoIt, right?) wouldn't have caused this. But, I mean, isn't there any Option that could avoid AutoIt from disabling access to its HotKeys set? My god, that'd make things way way easier for me. You really don't know.

• Moderators

abokdl,

That explanation is a clear as mud - I still have no idea what you are trying to do. Why on earth do you need to type "of forgotten ceen" - that is no language I have come across? Why do you need to have either "1" or "3" at the end of the other phrases?

And it is Windows that allows only one use of a HotKey, not AutoIt. If you have an active AutoIt GUI then you could use an Accelerator key to limit its action to that GUI alone, but using a HotKey makes it active for all running apps.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Exactly, and what does autohotkey does that autoit can't? abokdl you should work on converting all to AutoIt and be done with that mess you have now. ;)

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

13 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

abokdl,

That explanation is a clear as mud - I still have no idea what you are trying to do. Why on earth do you need to type "of forgotten ceen" - that is no language I have come across? Why do you need to have either "1" or "3" at the end of the other phrases?

And it is Windows that allows only one use of a HotKey, not AutoIt. If you have an active AutoIt GUI then you could use an Accelerator key to limit its action to that GUI alone, but using a HotKey makes it active for all running apps.

M23

"of forgotten ceen" was just a example. It could be "Great day", or "Nice car" or any sentence containing space.

Sorry if my explanation is not clear enough Melba. It isn't easy to explain what the Script does at all.

I use the Script for programms like Notepad++. It makes typing long sentences easier for me. Very useful.

Sorry Melba, what do you mean with Windows and AutoIt GUI? Does my Script have a so called GUI? Probably not, or? And how would the Script look like to get it working from your point of view, if I may ask?

1 minute ago, careca said:

Exactly, and what does autohotkey does that autoit can't? abokdl you should work on converting all to AutoIt and be done with that mess you have now. ;)

Well. As far as I know, AutoIt can't autocorrect "typos" or however you want to call it. That's why I'm using AutoHotKey's Auto-Correct function.

You are right careca, as Melba already mentioned, switching to AutoIt overall may fix this problem. That'd be "alot" of work, since I don't know how to do it on my own

I see what you mean, the script has to "understand" that in "greatday" there are 2 words, and separate them for you, and for that you need a huge database of words, that autohotkey has. Am i close? I don't know about a autocorrect feature in AutoIt.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

15 minutes ago, careca said:

I see what you mean, the script has to "understand" that in "greatday" there are 2 words, and separate them for you, and for that you need a huge database of words, that autohotkey has. Am i close? I don't know about a autocorrect feature in AutoIt.

No. But what you say makes sense. I don't know neither about a autocorrect feature in AutoIt. Would be cool if there was one though.