Error Line 848 IE.AU3

blenkhn

I seem to be having an error show up and the program stops even though it seems to be working properly.

The error I get is:

Line 848 (File "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\IE.au3"):

If IsObj($o_object.elements.item($s_name, $i_index)) Then

If IsObj($o_object ^ ERROR

Error: Variable must be of type "Object".

IS this something I am doing? I get this error at the end of the script not at the beginning, but the message box I have programmed doesn't show up so the script stops dead.

I seem to be having an error show up and the program stops even though it seems to be working properly.

The error I get is:

Line 848 (File "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\IE.au3"):

If IsObj($o_object.elements.item($s_name, $i_index)) Then

If IsObj($o_object ^ ERROR

Error: Variable must be of type "Object".

IS this something I am doing? I get this error at the end of the script not at the beginning, but the message box I have programmed doesn't show up so the script stops dead.

could you include your code, and the page you're trying to control programmatically? Otherwise it's impossible to tell how the error condition came about...

could you include your code, and the page you're trying to control programmatically? Otherwise it's impossible to tell how the error condition came about...

Also, please provide the version of AutoIt you are using and the full output from the running of the script (this includes the AutoIt version). You must be using the 3.1.1 Beta version...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble