whatsapp boot

joseLB

There is any piece of code in AU3 that allows to read a whatsapp message on PC?

I need to do a whatsapp boot, and of course, would like to do in au3. But probably I will need some kind of external program/library to receive the message and then make au3 read it and do the automation I need.

• Developers

Only way I can imagine is using the Web frontend of WhatsApp but that obviously requires the phone to be there as well.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi Jos, thanks, you are right, as I know up to now  the phone must be turned on and connected. Not the ideal solution, but I think this is not a major problem.

That means also that I will need to deal with chrome or IE udfs to try to read those messages, correct?

If that´s the way as I´m not very familiar with browsers controls, I will need to learn about them before...

Interesting to notice that at wiki ( https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/User_Defined_Functions#Social_Media_and_other_Website_API ) we have UDFs for Skype and even Telegram, but none for whatsapp... (https://github.com/xLinkOut/telegram-udf-autoit), while whatsapp is much more used today.

Jose

Edited by joseLB

• Developers

Telegram is so much easier as that supports other devices to use the BOT option which can be used for both sending and receiving messages.
Whatsapp doesn't allow that option and requires to have its own unique mobilenumber attached to its session.

So what exactly do you want to get done here?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

How it shoud work:

• a user gets in chat with this phone/boot (can be direct chat or a group chat)
  • as the messages arrives at bot, AU3 must read the message and take some actions

So, it´s very "simple". Au3  must know when there is a message and get it.

Besides text msgs, ideally it shoud get image/vídeo/voice msg.  And, not a must, to be able to send some simple text messages

Edited by joseLB

• Developers

Well, this is doable with Telegram as that supports the BOT concept.

https://telegram.org/blog/bot-revolution

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks Jos, I see.

Do you think what I need is resonable to do with whatsapp web? I mean, try to get arrived messages with Chrome or IE UDF?

Or is a waste of time? (as I will need learn how to deal with these udfs/browsers first?)

Thanks

Jose