Autoit and Firefox 54 e10s

Pao

Hello, I've recently updated from Firefox 50 to 54.0.1.

My Autoit script that previously worked fine, now seems to have erratic problems.
It's almost as if some Send() commands are sometimes skipped when dealing with the Firefox UI (it's still mostly fine on the actual pages).

To temporarly fix the problem, I had to put some Sleep(200) pauses and avoid grouping keys together (e.g: TAB 2), but I'm not exactly sure about the correct way to deal with this..

Could this be caused by the new multiprocess feature? (e10s)
Are there better Autoit commands or rules that I should use?

Edited by Pao

• Moderators

@Pao it is a bit difficult to help you troubleshoot a script when you post nothing. How about posting your code (or a reproducer that shows the issue you're encountering), help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Eh.. well, I was curious if someone else encountered this issue before.
I can't exactly show you a meaningful example,  because the script operates on forms in an admin webpage.

I don't know if this piece of code will be useful at all, but I had to change this:

Send("{CTRLDOWN}k{CTRLUP}")
Send("{TAB 3}{DOWN " & $eventnum & "}{TAB}{SPACE}")

Into this (quick&dirty workaround):

Sleep(200)
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(200)
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(200)
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(200)
Send("{DOWN " & $eventnum & "}")
Sleep(200)
Send("{TAB}")
Send("{SPACE}")

(I'll have to test it further, though)

Edited by Pao

• Moderators

"weird colors" is called syntax highlighting, the same as you would get in the SciTE console. Secondly, we understand that you can't always post code that contains sensitive information, which is why we ask for a reproducer. It also helps you narrow down the issue - e.g. is this only happening on your admin webpage, or on another webpage you try to manipulate? 

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

57 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

"weird colors" is called syntax highlighting, the same as you would get in the SciTE console.

Sorry, I edited out that phrase before your reply.
I know about syntax highlighting, but the colors were basically random before. O_o
Then they went ok after posting.

(it happens again if I try to add that code inside the tag)

Edited by Pao

1 hour ago, JLogan3o13 said:

we ask for a reproducer. It also helps you narrow down the issue - e.g. is this only happening on your admin webpage, or on another webpage you try to manipulate? 

Those forms are only on the admin pages.
I'll have to look for other places to reproduce this error.
I'll let you know..

Btw my script now sometimes works and sometimes fails.. :blink:

Edited by Pao

Ok nevermind, it seems that the new Firefox UI is simply just slower than before.
Adding Sleep(100) after each command seems the only way to get consistent results.

Example:
in FF50 this moved the focus on the search bar (CTRL+K), then on the tab bar, then on the page area, then went to the top of the current page.

Send("{CTRLDOWN}k{CTRLUP}{TAB 2}{HOME}")

Now, in FF54, sometimes TAB is registered instead of TAB2, causing the focus to stop at the tab bar and thus moving to the first one after HOME.
This seems to work correctly, instead:

Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}")
Sleep(100)
Send("{HOME}")

Problem solved, I guess.

Edited by Pao

• 3 weeks later...

First, I made sure that my FF is configured to not automatically take updates.

1. about:preferences#advanced
  2. Update tab
  3. The only thing ticked is "Never check for updates"

Then I installed FF v53 32-bit (44MB) on my Win7 64bit PC. Installing FF v53 64-bit didn't work with FF.au3. I presume because I run my scripts in 32-bit mode.

All my scripts using FF.au3 work again.

Edited by Decibel