How to enter text into a HTML input field

houser747

I have previously used _IEFormElementGetObjByName and _IEFormElementSetValue to enter text into a search box on a form and then submit the form.

I am now trying to enter text into a search box which is not part of a form. 

Here is the HTML from the website that i'm trying to enter the data on and then submit the search.

<div class="row">
    <div class="form-group col-xs-12">
        <span id="FullWidthWithSubmenuContent_FullWidthContent_MainContent_AircraftRegistry_lblSearchText" for="input-search">Registreringsbeteckning</span>
        <div class="input-group col-xs-12">
            <span id="FullWidthWithSubmenuContent_FullWidthContent_MainContent_AircraftRegistry_preSearchText" class="input-group-addon">SE -</span>
            <input name="ctl00$FullWidthWithSubmenuContent$FullWidthContent$MainContent$AircraftRegistry$txtSearchText" type="text" value="DTH" id="FullWidthWithSubmenuContent_FullWidthContent_MainContent_AircraftRegistry_txtSearchText" class="form-control" />
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

<div class="row">
    <div class="form-group col-xs-12">
        <label class="sr-only" for="">Sök</label>
        <input type="submit" name="ctl00$FullWidthWithSubmenuContent$FullWidthContent$MainContent$AircraftRegistry$btnSearch" value="Sök" id="FullWidthWithSubmenuContent_FullWidthContent_MainContent_AircraftRegistry_btnSearch" class="btn btn-primary ladda-button" data-style="expand-right" />
    </div>
</div>

Many thanks in advance

cheers

Roger