Scite coordinates [SOLVED]

nend

Because a error in my software I move the scite window outside the coordinates of my monitor, but now everytime it start outside my monitor and can't reach it with my mouse.
Does any body know how to chance the saved coordinates of scite so that I can use it again?

Thanks!

Edited by nend

• Developers

Sure...  simply open your SciTE user options file. Then open from the same directory file SciTE.session.

Modify this part to what you want:

position.left=1430
position.top=13
position.width=1425
position.height=998
position.maximize=0

Jos

ps: It should be updated with the new settings when you re-position and Close SciTE.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Though I did.... ;)

In SciTE do the following:

• Select Options/Open User Options File
  • after it opened Select File/Open and select file  SciTE.session from the filelist. WHen it isn't shown yet you can type a * in the file inputfield and Enter to show all files.
  • Now you should see the content I shown.

Does that work?

Jos 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos I can't open Scite thats the hole problem.
If I start Scite Is see only the taskbar icon the window is outside my coordinates of my monitor and there for not vissible.
I need something like a external file on a registry where the scite windows coordinates are stored so that i can reset the position.

• Developers

ah ...ok...   sorry about that.

When you have used the installer: Open Explorer; go to the %LOCALAPPDATA% directory and edit  SciTE.session .

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Also, in general for Windows, if you drag a program offscreen (or go from 1 monitor to two and programs open offscreen):

1) Use ALT+TAB to select the program which is offscreen.
2) Press ALT+SPACE and let go - now, do not press any other key or move the mouse!.
3) Immediately press "M".
4) Use the arrow keys to move the program (left, right, up, down..).

Always carry a towel.