Problems with _IEFormElementSetValue and javascript

Hello!

I'm new to the forums! Couldn't find any threads covering this issue. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I'm having problems changing the text/value of a input box. The particular box doesn't have a name or id, just: class="jq_hotkeys_enabled form-control".
This class appears multiple times throughout the source, so I don't think It's right to reference that object. 
See image 1.

However, I've managed to find a object with the name "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper" which contains the value of the input box, and the id for the person in the dropdown/combobox left of it. (with "dummy-1" selected).
See image 2.

As you can see the value is 3982,4545     ( name , time )

But when I try to change the value of it by doing:

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE = _IEAttach(WinGetHandle("[CLASS:IEFrame]"),"embedded")
Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "aspnetForm")
Local $oInput = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oInput, "3982,1337")

The box doesn't get its new value. I  can see in the source that it's changed though.
See image 3.

However, if I do: 

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "aspnetForm")
Local $oInput = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oInput, "3982,1337")

$oIE.document.parentwindow.execScript("theForm.submit()") ; But it needs to reload the page

The box gets its new value after the page reloads by the theForm.submit() function. 
This is a bit unfortunate as I want the changes to happen instantly like when I type in the box with the keyboard... or select in the combobox.

Maybe someone knows how I can do this? Looking forward to an answer! 
Thanks in advance.

Note: Unfortunately I can't provide with the real URL as it is constricted to employees in the company I work for, but let me know If I should provide anything else.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

The site is likely using a Javscript framework, such as Node.js or React. These will obscure the code, use hidden objects, etc like you are seeing. This is probably going to be difficult for us to assist you with since the site is private.

First step would be to identify the framework being used.

18 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

The site is likely using a Javscript framework, such as Node.js or React. These will obscure the code, use hidden objects, etc like you are seeing. This is probably going to be difficult for us to assist you with since the site is private.

First step would be to identify the framework being used.

Thanks for the quick reply! 

Sent you a P.M

This (possible) solution came from this prior discussion. I'm unable to get this page to render properly in IE. Therefore, I'm unable to test the following code and you will likely need to adjust or adapt it to fit your actual environment --

#include <ie.au3>

Local $oDocument = _IEDocGetObj($oIE)
Local $oWindow = $oDocument.ParentWindow

$oWindow.setTimeout("document.body.JSeval = eval; ", 0) ; a reference to the eval method

Sleep(2000) ; give a little time to the browser to create above variables within the javascript environment.

$JSeval = $oIE.Document.body.JSeval ; a reference to the eval javascript method from within AutoIt

$JSeval('$(".input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)")[0] = 10')
$JSeval('$(".input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)").change()')

13 hours ago, Danp2 said:

This (possible) solution came from this prior discussion. I'm unable to get this page to render properly in IE. Therefore, I'm unable to test the following code and you will likely need to adjust or adapt it to fit your actual environment --

#include <ie.au3>

$oWindow.setTimeout("document.body.JSeval = eval; ", 0) ; a reference to the eval method

Sleep(2000) ; give a little time to the browser to create above variables within the javascript environment.

$JSeval = $oIE.Document.body.JSeval ; a reference to the eval javascript method from within AutoIt

$JSeval('$(".input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)")[0] = 10')
$JSeval('$(".input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)").change()')

Hey, thank you for your help. Again, much appreciated.

I'm guessing I need to add Local $oDocument = _IEDocGetObj($oIE)  to get a reference.

I'm having trouble understanding the java functions: 

is this the function that sets the value of the box?

And this is the function that trigger the change?

2 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Yes, the first call sets the value of the input element. This could also be done with _IEFormElementSetValue if you can get a reference to the element. The second call triggers the change event for all matching elements.

Did you try running the code as posted? If so, what was the outcome?

I tried running the script, but no success . The value doesn't change. However I'm curious if the 
refers to the actual input box. As there are many boxes with the same class. Maybe I'm wrong.

You could try this yourself if you can open the page in a non-embedded IE. Hit F12 to open the developers tools. Then try entering the command

$(".input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)")[0] = 10

from the console. If that doesn't work, then perhaps the page is rendering differently under IE (I used FF to come up with the CCS selector).

$(".input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)").change()

Strangely enough this sets the value of the

<input type="hidden" name="ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper" id="content_ctrl_ucServiceTime_rpServicetimes_edtHiddenResourceHelper_0" value="4448,6767">

to the value that is in the input box, which is 6767. Kind of opposite of what we're trying to do.

Also,

$(".input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)")[0] = 10

Doesn't change the value for me, somehow. But I can still use  _IEFormElementSetValue which I know works.

Edited by Omnitica

Which element are you updating with IEFormElementSetValue? If you mean,

ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper

then that probably isn't the optimal solution and may not work as expected.

Try this one from the developer console --

$('.input-group-addon:not(:first-child):not(:last-child), .input-group-btn:not(:first-child):not(:last-child), .input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)')[0].value=10

7 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Which element are you updating with IEFormElementSetValue? If you mean,

then that probably isn't the optimal solution and may not work as expected.

Try this one from the developer console --

$('.input-group-addon:not(:first-child):not(:last-child), .input-group-btn:not(:first-child):not(:last-child), .input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)')[0].value=10

Yes! Now we're getting somewhere. The value changes. But now, how to change the first part of the value,  value="4448,6767">. Or rather the combobox that is before the inputbox.

Note: I was previously using the 

for  _IEFormElementSetValue 

Edited by Omnitica

Now try entering

$('.input-group-addon:not(:first-child):not(:last-child), .input-group-btn:not(:first-child):not(:last-child), .input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)').change()

This should cause the change event to trigger, force the value to reflect properly as if you had typed it in manually.

What have you tried with the combobox?

27 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Now try entering

$('.input-group-addon:not(:first-child):not(:last-child), .input-group-btn:not(:first-child):not(:last-child), .input-group .form-control:not(:first-child):not(:last-child)').change()

This should cause the change event to trigger, force the value to reflect properly as if you had typed it in manually.

What have you tried with the combobox?

With this the:

<input type="hidden" name="ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper" id="content_ctrl_ucServiceTime_rpServicetimes_edtHiddenResourceHelper_0" value="4448,6767">

Changes accordingly whats was changed into the box. Great!

But now I'm looking for a way to change the option in the combobox, which is defined by  value="4448,6767">   (4448)
4448 is the id of a user.

I just used  _IEFormElementSetValue  on the  ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper.
And set the value to "4448,6767" But then I need to reload the page for the changes to happen.

A similar approach like the 

perhaps.

Edited by Omnitica

Try the following and let me know if it works --

#include <ie.au3>

Local $oIE = _IEAttach("UR-000000")

$oSelect = $JSeval('$(".bootstrap-select > select")[0]')
_IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "4673")

Hmm, did not work to change in the actual combobox, but the value changes in

<input name="ctl00$content$ctrl$ucServiceTime$rpServicetimes$ctl00$edtHiddenResourceHelper" id="content_ctrl_ucServiceTime_rpServicetimes_edtHiddenResourceHelper_0" type="hidden" value="4673,5656">

Edited by Omnitica

However, doing a

#include <ie.au3>

Local $oIE = _IEAttach("UR-000000")

$oSelect = $JSeval('$(".bootstrap-select > select")[0]')
_IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "4673")
$JSeval('$(".bootstrap-select > select").change()')

solved it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chimp
      This script is an alternative (improvement) to the script published at this link (www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/186225-interesting-effect-with-transparency). In that post a flash animation was used and therefore you need the flash player to work, while here only javascript is used.
      Here, too, the aim is to show an interesting effect that can be obtained by exploiting transparency, but can also be used as it is just for fun.
      The animation consists of some fish wandering around the screen. You can continue working on the computer by letting them swim.
      The javascript source was not written by me, but I got it from this link: https://github.com/lrusso/Aquarium. I shrunk it down a bit and tweaked it so that fish can swim across the entire screen even with different sized monitors.
      The fish images and html and javascript sources have been bundled into a single "monolithic" AutoIt script, so it's easier to run.
      I hope you find it relaxing.
      Have fun
      fishMonolitic.zip
    • By Pured
      I am looking to create a script which refreshes/reads a webpage every few seconds. My goal is to see if the page has changed, then I will send myself a notification that the webpage has been updated.

However, rather than downloading the entire webpage every single time, is there a way to check when the webpage last updated?

If not, is there away to partially download/read html source until a specific tag is hit?

Goal: I would like to increase my poll rate and not excessively waste data.
    • By mLipok
      In the past there was many questions about how to: "Automatic file upload using without user interaction"

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/92907-ie-8-input-namenomfic-typefile-idnomfic/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/116899-cant-automate-input-typefile-tag-in-ie/?tab=comments#comment-815478
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/14883-input-typefile/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/188708-how-to-set-the-value-of-an-input-typefile-element/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/91513-how-can-i-auto-set-file-path-for-input-file-in-ie/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/116899-cant-automate-input-typefile-tag-in-ie/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/169190-how-to-script-file-upload-button/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/145327-how-to-deal-with-ie-window-for-upload-a-fileinput-typefile/
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/140482-internet-explorer-input-file-problem/

I found solution here: 
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33253517/upload-a-file-via-input-input-in-html-form-with-vba
      and:
      https://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_uploadvbsie/
      And I translate this code to AutoIt3 code:
      ; Upload file using http protocol And multipart/form-data ; v1.01 ; 2001 Antonin Foller, PSTRUH Software Global $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", _ErrFunc) do_vbsUpload() Func do_vbsUpload() #cs ; We need at least two arguments (File & URL) ConsoleWrite('- ' & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF) If $CmdLine[0] < 2 Then InfoEcho() ConsoleWrite('- ' & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF) ; Are some required objects missing? If StringInStr(CheckRequirements(), "Error") > 0 Then InfoEcho() ConsoleWrite('- ' & @ScriptLineNumber & @CRLF) Local $s_FileName, $s_DestURL, $s_FieldName $s_FieldName = "FileField" ; Default field name For $i_argCounter = 1 To $CmdLine[0] ConsoleWrite('+ '& $i_argCounter& ' >> ' & $CmdLine[$i_argCounter] & @CRLF) Select Case $i_argCounter = 1 ;~ $s_FileName = $CmdLine[$i_argCounter] $s_FileName = @ScriptFullPath Case $i_argCounter = 2 $s_DestURL = $CmdLine[$i_argCounter] Case $i_argCounter = 3 $s_FieldName = $CmdLine[$i_argCounter] EndSelect Next UploadFile($s_DestURL, $s_FileName, $s_FieldName) #ce UploadFile('http://www.dobeash.com/test.html', @ScriptFullPath, 'fileExample') EndFunc ;==>do_vbsUpload ; ******************* upload - begin ; Upload file using input type=file Func UploadFile($s_DestURL, $s_FileName, $s_FieldName) ; Boundary of fields. ; Be sure this string is Not In the source file Const $Boundary = "---------------------------0123456789012" ; Get source file As a binary data. Local $d_FileContents = GetFile($s_FileName) ; Build multipart/form-data document Local $s_FormData = BuildFormData($d_FileContents, $Boundary, $s_FileName, $s_FieldName) ; Post the data To the destination URL IEPostBinaryRequest($s_DestURL, $s_FormData, $Boundary) EndFunc ;==>UploadFile ; Build multipart/form-data document with file contents And header info Func BuildFormData($d_FileContents, $Boundary, $s_FileName, $s_FieldName) Const $s_ContentType = "application/upload" ; The two parts around file contents In the multipart-form data. Local $s_Pre = "--" & $Boundary & @CRLF & mpFields($s_FieldName, $s_FileName, $s_ContentType) Local $s_Po = @CRLF & "--" & $Boundary & "--" & @CRLF ; Build form data using recordset binary field Const $i_adLongVarBinary = 205 Local $oRS = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset") ; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ado/reference/ado-api/append-method-ado?view=sql-server-ver15 $oRS.Fields.Append("b", $i_adLongVarBinary, StringLen($s_Pre) + BinaryLen($d_FileContents) + StringLen($s_Po)) $oRS.Open() $oRS.AddNew() ; Convert Pre string value To a binary data Local $i_LenData = StringLen($s_Pre) $oRS("b").AppendChunk(StringToMB($s_Pre) & StringToBinary(Chr(0))) $s_Pre = $oRS("b").GetChunk($i_LenData) $oRS("b") = "" ; Convert Po string value To a binary data $i_LenData = StringLen($s_Po) $oRS("b").AppendChunk(StringToMB($s_Po) & StringToBinary(Chr(0))) $s_Po = $oRS("b").GetChunk($i_LenData) $oRS("b") = "" ; Join Pre & $d_FileContents & Po binary data $oRS("b").AppendChunk($s_Pre) $oRS("b").AppendChunk($d_FileContents) $oRS("b").AppendChunk($s_Po) $oRS.Update() Local $s_FormData = $oRS("b") $oRS.Close() Return $s_FormData EndFunc ;==>BuildFormData ; sends multipart/form-data To the URL using IE Func IEPostBinaryRequest($s_URL, $s_FormData, $Boundary) ; Create InternetExplorer Local $oIE = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application") ; You can uncoment Next line To see form results $oIE.Visible = True ; Send the form data To $s_URL As POST multipart/form-data request $oIE.Navigate($s_URL, '', '', $s_FormData, _ "Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=" & $Boundary & @CRLF) While $oIE.Busy Wait(1, "Upload To " & $s_URL) WEnd ; Get a result of the script which has received upload ;~ On Error Resume Next Local $s_IE_InnerHTML = $oIE.Document.body.innerHTML MsgBox(0, 'TEST #' & @CRLF & @ScriptLineNumber, $s_IE_InnerHTML) $oIE.Quit() Return $s_IE_InnerHTML EndFunc ;==>IEPostBinaryRequest ; Infrormations In form field header. Func mpFields($s_FieldName, $s_FileName, $s_ContentType) Local $s_MPTemplate = _ ; template For multipart header 'Content-Disposition: form-data; name="{field}";' & _ 'FileName="{file}"' & @CRLF & _ 'Content-Type: {ct}' & @CRLF & @CRLF & _ '' Local $s_Out $s_Out = StringReplace($s_MPTemplate, "{field}", $s_FieldName) $s_Out = StringReplace($s_Out, "{file}", $s_FileName) $s_Out = StringReplace($s_Out, "{ct}", $s_ContentType) Return $s_Out EndFunc ;==>mpFields Func Wait($i_Seconds, $s_Message) MsgBox(64, '', $s_Message, $i_Seconds) EndFunc ;==>Wait ; Returns file contents As a binary data Func GetFile($s_FileName) Local $oStream = ObjCreate("ADODB.Stream") $oStream.Type = 1 ; Binary $oStream.Open() $oStream.LoadFromFile($s_FileName) Local $d_GetFile = $oStream.Read() $oStream.Close() Return $d_GetFile EndFunc ;==>GetFile ; Converts OLE string To multibyte string Func StringToMB($S) Local $I, $B For $I = 1 To StringLen($S) $B &= StringToBinary(Asc(StringMid($S, $I, 1))) Next Return $B EndFunc ;==>StringToMB ; ******************* upload - end ; ******************* Support ; Basic script info Func InfoEcho() Local $sMsg = _ "Upload file using http And multipart/form-data" & @CRLF & _ "Copyright (C) 2001 Antonin Foller, PSTRUH Software" & @CRLF & _ "use" & @CRLF & _ "[cscript|wscript] fupload.vbs file $s_URL [fieldname]" & @CRLF & _ " file ... Local file To upload" & @CRLF & _ " $s_URL ... $s_URL which can accept uploaded data" & @CRLF & _ " fieldname ... Name of the source form field." & @CRLF & _ @CRLF & CheckRequirements() & @CRLF & _ "" ConsoleWrite('! ' & $sMsg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>InfoEcho ; Checks If all of required objects are installed Func CheckRequirements() Local $sMsg = _ "This script requires some objects installed To run properly." & @CRLF & _ CheckOneObject("ADODB.Recordset") & @CRLF & _ CheckOneObject("ADODB.Stream") & @CRLF & _ CheckOneObject("InternetExplorer.Application") & @CRLF & _ "" Return $sMsg ; $sMsgBox $sMsg EndFunc ;==>CheckRequirements ; Checks If the one object is installed. Func CheckOneObject($sClassName) Local $sMsg ObjCreate($sClassName) If @error = 0 Then $sMsg = "OK" Else $sMsg = "Error:" & @error EndIf Return $sClassName & " - " & $sMsg EndFunc ;==>CheckOneObject ; ******************* Support - end ; User's COM error function. Will be called if COM error occurs Func _ErrFunc(ByRef $oError) ; Do anything here. ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName & " (" & $oError.scriptline & ") : ==> COM Error intercepted !" & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.number is: " & @TAB & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.number) & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oError.windescription & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oError.description & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.source is: " & @TAB & @TAB & $oError.source & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oError.scriptline & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.retcode is: " & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.retcode) & @CRLF & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_ErrFunc  
      But I miss something and the code not works as intendend.
      Please join and contribute, in solving this issue, as this will be handy for entire community.
      @mLipok

btw.
      I think that this may be realated to ChrB() which I simply translate to StringToBinary()
      Especialy this :
      StringToBinary(Chr(0))) could be the main issue.
      But for now I'm tired and going to sleep.
      Hope maybe tomorrow somebody solve this issue.

• By Deshanur
      Am trying to automate injecting credential on the login form for all kind of Web application for IE. I know how to identify the form name by viewing the source code and using the method - _IEFormGetObjByName($ie, $form_Name).
      I would like to know how to identify or get the form object for the web app where there is no form name tag for example below, for the is I have used - _IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0) to get the form object.
      My Question is does it work for all kind of application "_IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0)" how to identify Index value? is it always 0? is there any better solution?
      The final solution am looking for is find out form object, get the username, password field and inject credential and submit the form.
      How to find out index value? for the forms which does not have form name field.
      $login_form = _IEFormGetCollection($ie, 0) $email_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_UserName) $pass_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_password) $login_button = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_submitbutton) _IEFormElementSetValue($email_field, $CmdLine[2]) _IEFormElementSetValue($pass_field, $CmdLine[3]) ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]","{Enter}") OR This works fine if the form has form name. $login_form = _IEFormGetObjByName($ie, $form_Name) $email_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_UserName) $pass_field = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_password) $login_button = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($login_form, $form_submitbutton) _IEFormElementSetValue($email_field, $CmdLine[2]) _IEFormElementSetValue($pass_field, $CmdLine[3]) ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]","{Enter}")
    • By devilspride
      The following code creates a IE blank window
      Local $oIE = _IECreate()  
      But when i use Navigate to the URL, it open the URL in Microsoft Edge instead if IE.
      _IENavigate($oIE,$url)  
      What should i do to navigate in IE.
      Complete code :
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <IE.au3> #Region TESTING Local $url = 'https://www.youtube.com' Local $oIE = _IECreate() _IENavigate($oIE,$url) #EndRegion Console Output
      IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IELoadWait, $_IESTATUS_ClientDisconnected (-2147023174, Browser has been deleted prior to operation.)  
      I have searched the forums but did not find such kind of post.
      Other posts were describing How to use Edge using Web driver selenium.

Edit: I am working in Windows10. Recently many changes have been done by Microsoft to IE and Microsoft Edge. (2020)
      Earlier in 2019 this was working fine.