Copy from excel row (one by one) and paste into another application

Viki

This is my first time here so please dont bombard me that what a silly question I am asking!!

I have 500 rows (A1:A500) in a spreadsheet and I just want to copy one by one row and then paste into another application and then press enter, loop should repeat this until finishes all 500 rows.

I have looked at clipget(), clip(put() but dont know how to select next row in next turn. I also looked at Array to store but again no luck. Can some guide me please..

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

To process Excel workbooks I suggest you have a look at the Excel UDF that comes with AutoIt. Function _Excel_RangeRead should do what you want.
How to paste the read Excel cells to your application depends on the type of application (browser, GUI ...).

If you can provide more information we might be able to provide a solution ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Water, many thank for your quick reply.

I have see those UDF and looked at the examples as well which is copying the data from one cell, so how can I copy on cell go to (for example teamviewer)  paste the value into the partnerid field and press enter and then again go to excel and repeat the process.

Regards,

Vik

I would use _Excel_RangeRead to read the whole worksheet into an array in a single go. Reading cell by cell takes much more time.
Then loop through the array and send each "cell" to your application using ControlSend and ControlClick.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have found example where I can store the values in the Arrays but could not find a way to paste it into the application however, I have written something like this, which works fine and paste to the Notepad one by one but now I have another issue, I could not find a way to select the input field in my application, here for example lets think about teamviewer and if I want to select the password field then what will be the bast way, I tried the windows info tool but could not figure out what command should I use and what unique identifier should I choose and how to use it. It will be great if can please help me in this:

#include <Excel.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeRead Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @ScriptDir & "\TESting.xlsx")
If @error Then
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeRead Example", "Error opening workbook '" & @ScriptDir & "\TESting.xlsx'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    _Excel_Close($oExcel)
    Exit
EndIf
Local $sResult = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, "A1")

Do
    Local $sData = ClipGet()
    ClipPut($sResult)
    $sData = ClipGet().
    WinActivate("Untitled - Notepad")
    Send("^v")
    Send ("{ENTER}")
    $sResult = $sResult + 1

Until $sResult = 123465

Use the ID desplayed on the Control tab of the Window Info tool and call function ControlSend with this information.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks, the application I wanted to copy to is internet based so can you please point me to the right direction if I have to automate IE or firefox, I do I have to download before I start working with any of the browser. I tried this (t start with):

#include <ff.au3>

_FFStart("www.google.co.uk")

but got the error

Line 12  (File "C:\Users\va012278\Desktop\ff.au3"):

#include <ff.au3>

Error: #include depth exceeded.  Make sure there are no recursive includes.

Seems there is a recursive include in your script. The file ff.au3 which you include in your script itself includes ff.au3 and this results in an endless loop.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi,

Can you please help, what I am doing wrong here, I am trying to read the A1:A10 range into Array and then loop through them and show on Msgbox one by one..

$oExcel = _Excel_BookOpen("C:\Users\Desktop\TESting.xlsx")
$aArray = _Excel_RangeRead($oExcel, Default, "A1:A10")

For $vElement In $aArray
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL,"Test",$vElement)
        $vElement+1
    Next

$oExcel = _Excel_BookOpen("C:\Users\Desktop\TESting.xlsx")
$aArray = _Excel_RangeRead($oExcel, Default, "A1:A10")
For $i = 0 to UBound($aArray) - 1
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Test", $aArray[$i])
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi

I am bit struggling when my webapp opens a popup to add a new record. It is fine if I put the sleep to let window open that popup after I click on 'Add' but is there any way I can dynamically check if that popup has opened because popup may take longer or shorter to load. I tried to get the reference (through window info utility) but no luck, it shown something as

<div class="ui-dialog-titlebar ui-widget-header ui-corner-all ui-helper-clearfix">
<span id="ui-id-9" class="ui-dialog-title">Add Street</span>

I could not find any online help as well for this, can you please give me a hand...

Unfortunately I have never used the Firefox UDF so I can't help you with this problem.
Hopefully some experienced Firefox coder chimes in :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ah .. but in post #7 you were talking about FF.

My first try would be to access the element by using _IEGetObjById.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

I have managed to do with _IE but now I have another obstacle, I want to loop through all the directories within a directory but want to see folder starting with "my" I have something like this

Local $aFileList = _FileListToArray("\\server\c$\inet\root", "*")

For $i = 0 to 10
    If StringInStr($i,"my") Then

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $aFileList[$i])

EndIf

Next

please help to only retrieve folder starting with 'my'

Regards,

Viki