The letter C could ban me from this forum.

Layanor

Hello. I have asked a question in the help area about my script not pushing the letter C all the time. 

I was then told to read the forum rules which I have. I had no clue what was up. 

So I started to click around and wonder if it was the code or something was posted in the wrong way. I found many others were getting their threads locked, and threatened to be banned by some moderators for "game automation". 

I am a game developer for 14 years and I have found that Autoit is one of the better automation programs out there. I have tried a few! I do not know python, c++, or Java. I work in a very basic code and the video of me working on my game can be found here. Please look at the video below at mark 2:30:00.

I use AutoIt to restart my game over and over so I can find errors in the game. I find it a little overkill that game automation is not helped on this forum as it is a very popular subject and seems to be a lot of your traffic. 

So what I want to know is, do I have to hide my career here in order to get help, or is there another area in this forum where I can use the word "game" to explain what my code is failing to do.

<snip>

Edited by Melba23
Video removed

• Moderators

Layanor,

Welcome to the AutoIt forums.

I find it a little overkill that game automation is not helped on this forum as it is a very popular subject and seems to be a lot of your traffic. 

We used to accept gaming scripts, but found gamers to be a nightmare to moderate - so the rules became stricter and stricter until we ended up with the current, some would say draconian, state of not allowing any form of game-related thread at all. The fact you are a game developer is entirely moot.

do I have to hide my career here in order to get help

Essentially: "Yes". Our forum, our rules.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Many years ago, the forum used to tolerate game automation posts & topics, but then it became more trouble than it was worth, both in behavior and in the penalties inflicted on AutoIt by Game & Anti-Virus companies, etc.

Many members here, including leaders, are against Game Bots, because of their impact of cheating, and so those topics are not tolerated here.

There is no way around this, even for seemingly legitimate purposes, as any help given can be used by others for undesirable results.

Melba23 beat me to it. :D

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

• Moderators

I would also add (your video link was stripped before I saw it), as someone who has done a couple of brief development stints in the field for customers wanting to "gamify" apps, that I find it odd that you would choose one suite of tools to develop in and another for automation of things like restarts.

Every engine I have worked with, from Unity to ShiVa to simple "no coding" suites like Game Salad, allow for things like simulated restarts and encounter-initiation natively. There should be no need to mix programming languages. Working as long as you say you have in the industry (which again, I am surprised at the longevity with no coding experience as you say) you should know the inefficiency of using pixel search and Send commands to further development like you're trying to do.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

The game engine is called MUGEN. It was based in dos and later upgraded to Windows XP. There is a way to start the game over and over, however, it's not the way I need it. My bot will restart the match with the same characters over and over and then when the match is over, I am able to get the win comments. This is stuff I have to check as if I do it the normal way, I will not get the winning comment.  Here is a sample of code. 

;---------------------------------------------------------------
;P2µ¹µØÖ®ºóµÄÑÌÎí£¨ºìÉ«£©
;---------------------------------------------------------------
[State 1000, explods];ºìɫСÃ÷»ð
type = Explod
triggerall = (p2stateno = [5100,5110]) && p2movetype = H
trigger1 = var(23) > 0 && Random < 70
anim = f404
pos = 0,0
postype = p2
sprpriority = 999
bindtime = 1
random = 100,100
ownpal = 1
supermove = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, explods];ºìɫС»ÒÎí
type = Explod
anim = f405
pos = 0,0
postype = p2
sprpriority = 999
bindtime = 1
random = 100,100
ownpal = 1
supermove = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, explods];ºìɫСȦ
type = Explod
anim = f406
pos = 0,0
postype = p2
sprpriority = 999
bindtime = 1
random = 100,100
ownpal = 1
supermove = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, explods];ºìÉ«ÌùµØÅçÎí1
type = Explod
triggerall = StageVar(info.author) != "water"
trigger1 = var(23) > 0 && Random < 50
anim = f407
pos = 0,0
postype = p2
sprpriority = 999
bindtime = 1
random = 100,0
ownpal = 1
supermove = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, explods];ºìÉ«ÌùµØÅçÎí2
type = Explod
triggerall = StageVar(info.author) != "water"
trigger1 = var(23) > 0 && Random < 50
anim = f407
pos = 0,0
facing = -1
postype = p2
sprpriority = 999
bindtime = 1
random = 100,0
ownpal = 1
supermove = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State 1000, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = p2movetype != H
v = 23
value = 0
persistent = 0

As you can see this is something you have not seen before and is very basic. You have no need to insult me when I am asking simeple question. If you would like me to present sprite work and other things to you then please feel free to ask for more proof or I will even directly livestream this to you on YouTube. I have years worth of work. Just ask!

I put into my game three colored bars. One green, red, and purple. I have a video where I show this as I was showing it to others to try and get stuff working. 

So with all this being said, how do I ask help from here now or do I just move on. Cause you all know I'm a game dev you cant get his letter C working in your code! lol!

Edited by Melba23
Added code tags

• Moderators

Layanor,

how do I ask help from here now

Respect the Forum rules and you can ask what you like. Continually flouting them will lead to sanctions and eventually you be banned. So use your undoubted intelligence to phrase your questions in a suitable manner which does not break the very simple rules and you should have no problems.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

On 9/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, Layanor said:

My bot will restart the match with the same characters over and over and then when the match is over, I am able to get the win comments. This is stuff I have to check as if I do it the normal way, I will not get the winning comment.

Groundhog day until you win?  

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?