Sending Keypresses to a non active window

Is it possible to have autoIT send a keypress to an inactive window? For instance if I want it to be typing something in notepad while im surfing the internet in firefox. The keypresses shouldn't affect firefox at all they should be sent only to notepad and notepad should remain in the background. If there is a way to do this can someone please try and point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks,

Is it possible to have autoIT send a keypress to an inactive window? For instance if I want it to be typing something in notepad while im surfing the internet in firefox. The keypresses shouldn't affect firefox at all they should be sent only to notepad and notepad should remain in the background. If there is a way to do this can someone please try and point me in the right direction to get started?

Thanks,

ControlSend()

you can use IE.au3 to access forms and form elements with internet explorer, i don't think anyone has put in the time to make one for firefox

Somehow I'm not sure if the DCOM model for Firefox is the same as Internet Exploder otherwise I'm sure Dale would have added it.

Somehow I'm not sure if the DCOM model for Firefox is the same as Internet Exploder otherwise I'm sure Dale would have added it.

right. that's why it doesn't currently work with firefox. maybe if i'm really really really bored after work this week, i'll see if i can't convert his stuff to work... no promises, but i will try to try.