Avaya BCMS Vu Client Automation

I work in a callcenter, and i watch all of the inbound lines for stats and real time management of our lines. Currently we're using software from Avaya called BCMS Vu, which has a server side and a client side. This is probably the most limited (and definitely the oldest) software from Avaya, and we're going to be replacing it soon with the software i used at my last place, but anyway. I watch the status of 5 queues via 5 child windows that show real time status of each agent in their respective queues. The information displayed is very limited, example, it shows the time that they went into a phone state rather than how long they've been in it. I made a seperate gui that grabs all of the data from each window and put it into a ListView control; figuring the durations etc, and performing some other background stuff like tracking number and durations of outbound calls, publishing a real time agent status of every agent. Ok, so that's what the script does. Anyway, the controls where the data is displayed in the BCMS Vu window are like listview controls, except NOT. they work the same way, sorting etc, but they identify themselves in the AutoIT window info tool as 'Custom1'. Because i couldn't access the control directly, my current script just clicks in each child window, uses "!FP{ENTER}" to print to a file, and then imports from the text files. The problem with that is that every 45 seconds when the program refreshes, control is taken from me so that each window can be clicked on and printed. I've got it setup so that it remembers what windo i have active when it refreshes, and restores the window when it's done, but it's still an annoying interuption. I decided i was going to try to accomplish the same task with COM, and i got the OLE/COM object viewer to see if i could find a way to access those controls, but i can't find anything in any of the listed objects that references Avaya or BCMS at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for finding a way to interact with the controls directly? Or a way to get more info about the controls so that i could possible implement a COM solution?

I work in a callcenter, and i watch all of the inbound lines for stats and real time management of our lines. Currently we're using software from Avaya called BCMS Vu, which has a server side and a client side. This is probably the most limited (and definitely the oldest) software from Avaya, and we're going to be replacing it soon with the software i used at my last place, but anyway. I watch the status of 5 queues via 5 child windows that show real time status of each agent in their respective queues. The information displayed is very limited, example, it shows the time that they went into a phone state rather than how long they've been in it. I made a seperate gui that grabs all of the data from each window and put it into a ListView control; figuring the durations etc, and performing some other background stuff like tracking number and durations of outbound calls, publishing a real time agent status of every agent. Ok, so that's what the script does. Anyway, the controls where the data is displayed in the BCMS Vu window are like listview controls, except NOT. they work the same way, sorting etc, but they identify themselves in the AutoIT window info tool as 'Custom1'. Because i couldn't access the control directly, my current script just clicks in each child window, uses "!FP{ENTER}" to print to a file, and then imports from the text files. The problem with that is that every 45 seconds when the program refreshes, control is taken from me so that each window can be clicked on and printed. I've got it setup so that it remembers what windo i have active when it refreshes, and restores the window when it's done, but it's still an annoying interuption. I decided i was going to try to accomplish the same task with COM, and i got the OLE/COM object viewer to see if i could find a way to access those controls, but i can't find anything in any of the listed objects that references Avaya or BCMS at all. Does anyone have any suggestions for finding a way to interact with the controls directly? Or a way to get more info about the controls so that i could possible implement a COM solution?

no ideas?

Screenshots might help.

Anyway, I worked with a relataively old BCMS view client, and I ended up running it on a dedicated computer so I could perform PixelCheckSums as a form of OCR.

I'll PM you the details.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Screenshots might help.

Anyway, I worked with a relataively old BCMS view client, and I ended up running it on a dedicated computer so I could perform PixelCheckSums as a form of OCR.

I'll PM you the details.

that would be awesome. here's my BCMS window, and a screenshot of the Consolidated GUI that i'm using to display the agents not available.

***edit*** attached .jpg's because the first attaches were too big...

Edited by cameronsdad