SmtpMailer.au3 damaged image attachment

Hello!

Everything is working very well from this UDF :

Unfortunately when I send image file like .png or .jpg  e-mail is delivered correctly but it's not possible to open image(attachment). When I compare files (working one) and received one(not working) it contain the same data.

Do you have any idea what could be the reason (meta data?) or something on transport layer?

#include "SmtpMailer.au3"
#include <Date.au3>

Global $sSmtpServer = "smtp.gmail.com"
    Global $sUsername = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Global $sPassword = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Global $sFromName = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Global $sFromAddress = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Global $sToAddress = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Global $sSubject = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
    Global $sBody = ""
    Global $sAttachFiles = "test.jpg"
    Global $sCcAddress = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Global $sBccAddress = ""
    Global $sImportance = "Normal"
   ; Global $iIPPort = 587
    ;Global $bSSL = false
     Local $iIPPort = 465 ; GMAIL port used for sending the mail
     Local $bSSL = True ; GMAIL enables/disables secure socket layer sending - set to True if using https

Local $bIsHTMLBody = True
    Local $iDSNOptions = $g__cdoDSNDefault

Example()

Func Example()
    _SMTP_SendEmail($sSmtpServer, $sUsername, $sPassword, $sFromName, $sFromAddress, "xx@xxx", "xxxx","", $sAttachFiles, $sCcAddress, $sBccAddress, $sImportance, $iIPPort, $bSSL, $bIsHTMLBody, $iDSNOptions)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

• Developers
On 4-10-2017 at 0:47 AM, Gordoni said:

Unfortunately when I send image file like .png or .jpg  e-mail is delivered correctly but it's not possible to open image(attachment). When I compare files (working one) and received one(not working) it contain the same data.

How are you trying to open the file? When saved and its binary the same it would mean it should work.
Just tried it myself with a small JPG image and it arrived in win10 emailclient fine were I could see it and open it fine.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

ps... i see you modified the UDF as it has a couple of extra parameters in your version.  Could you show your modifications?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Maybe this was my version ?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

On 5.10.2017 at 9:13 PM, mLipok said:

Maybe this was my version ?

I review the UDF and it's your modification. The question is if you are able to reproduce problem? 

On 5.10.2017 at 7:22 PM, Jos said:

How are you trying to open the file? When saved and its binary the same it would mean it should work.
Just tried it myself with a small JPG image and it arrived in win10 emailclient fine were I could see it and open it fine.

Jos

I'm trying to open file by download it and open, also used other methods including gmail to see preview of file. In meantime I will try to use original UDF to see if it works.

On 5.10.2017 at 8:02 PM, Jos said:

ps... i see you modified the UDF as it has a couple of extra parameters in your version.  Could you show your modifications?

Jos

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Debug_Mode=Y                 ;(Y/N) Run Script with console debugging. Default=N

#Region IE.au3 - Header

; #INDEX# =======================================================================================================================
; Title .........: SMTP UDF Library for AutoIt3
; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.x
; Language ......: English
; Description ...: Function for sending emails
; Author(s) .....: Jos, mLipok
; ===============================================================================================================================

#cs
    This is modified version of Jos "Smtp Mailer That Supports Html And Attachments"
    https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/23860-smtp-mailer-that-supports-html-and-attachments/

Update History:

>>>>> 2015/02/05
    - First release - mLipok

>>>>> 2015/02/13
    - New: Function: _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile - mLipok
    -       https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/167292-smtp-mailer-udf/?do=findComment&comment=1225420

>>>>> 2016/01/31
    - Renamed: Enums: $g__INetSmtpMailCom_ERROR_ .... >>  $SMTP_ERR_ .... - mLipok
    - New: Enum: $SMTP_ERR_SUCCESS - mLipok
    - Changed: concept of COM Error Handling - mLipok
    - Removed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjInit - mLipok
    - Removed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrObjCleanUp - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom >> _SMTP_SendEmail - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrFunc >> _SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrDescription >> _SMTP_COMErrorDescription - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrScriptLine >> _SMTP_COMErrorScriptLine - mLipok
    - Renamed: Function: _INetSmtpMailCom_ErrFunc >> __SMTP_COMErrorFunc - mLipok
    - Changed: Function: __SMTP_COMErrorFunc is now UDF's Internal Function - mLipok
    - New: Function Parameter: $sCharset in  _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile  - mLipok
    - Changed: Function: _SMTP_SendEmail - paramters are reordered - mLipok

@LAST
#CE
#EndRegion  IE.au3 - Header

#Region INCLUDE
;##################################
; Include
#include <file.au3>
#EndRegion  INCLUDE

#Region Variables
; Variables
Global Enum _
        $SMTP_ERR_SUCCESS, _
        $SMTP_ERR_FILENOTFOUND, _
        $SMTP_ERR_SEND, _
        $SMTP_ERR_OBJECTCREATION, _
        $SMTP_ERR_COUNTER

Global Const $g__cdoSendUsingPickup = 1 ; Send message using the local SMTP service pickup directory.
Global Const $g__cdoSendUsingPort = 2 ; Send the message using the network (SMTP over the network). Must use this to use Delivery Notification

Global Const $g__cdoAnonymous = 0 ; Do not authenticate
Global Const $g__cdoBasic = 1 ; basic (clear-text) authentication
Global Const $g__cdoNTLM = 2 ; NTLM

; Delivery Status Notifications
Global Const $g__cdoDSNDefault = 0 ; None
Global Const $g__cdoDSNNever = 1 ; None
Global Const $g__cdoDSNFailure = 2 ; Failure
Global Const $g__cdoDSNSuccess = 4 ; Success
Global Const $g__cdoDSNDelay = 8 ; Delay
Global Const $g__cdoDSNSuccessFailOrDelay = 14 ; Success, failure or delay
#EndRegion  Variables

#Region UDF Functions
; The UDF
; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _SMTP_SendEmail
; Description ...:
; Syntax ........: _SMTP_SendEmail($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress[, $s_Subject = ""[, $s_Body = ""[,
;                  $s_AttachFiles = ""[, $s_CcAddress = ""[, $s_BccAddress = ""[, $s_Importance = "Normal"[, $s_Username = ""[,
;                  $s_Password = ""[, $i_IPPort = 25[, $b_SSL = False[, $b_IsHTMLBody = False[, $i_DSNOptions = $g__cdoDSNDefault]]]]]]]]]]]])
; Parameters ....: $s_SmtpServer        - A string value. Address for the smtp-server to use  - REQUIRED
;                  $s_Username          - A string value. Username for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
;                  $s_Password          - A string value. Password for the account used from where the mail gets sent - REQUIRED
;                  $s_FromName          - A string value. Name from who the email was sent - REQUIRED
;                  $s_FromAddress       - A string value. Address from where the mail should come - REQUIRED
;                  $s_ToAddress         - A string value. Destination email address - REQUIRED
;                  $s_Subject           - [optional] A string value. Default is "". Subject from the email - can be anything you want it to be.
;                  $s_Body              - [optional] A string value. Default is "". The messagebody from the mail - can be left blank but then you get a blank mail.
;                  $s_AttachFiles       - [optional] A string value. Default is "". The file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed.
;                  $s_CcAddress         - [optional] A string value. Default is "". Address for cc - leave blank if not needed.
;                  $s_BccAddress        - [optional] A string value. Default is "". Address for bcc - leave blank if not needed.
;                  $s_Importance        - [optional] A string value. Default is "Normal". Send message priority: "High", "Normal", "Low".
;                  $i_IPPort            - [optional] An integer value. Default is 25. TCP Port used for sending the mail
;                  $b_SSL               - [optional] A binary value. Default is False. Enables/Disables secure socket layer sending - set to True if using https.
;                  $b_IsHTMLBody        - [optional] A binary value. Default is False.
;                  $i_DSNOptions        - [optional] An integer value. Default is $g__cdoDSNDefault.
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: Jos, mLipok
; Remarks .......: This function is based on the function created by Jos (see link in related)
; Related .......: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/23860-smtp-mailer-that-supports-html-and-attachments/
; Link ..........: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/167292-smtp-mailer-udf/
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _SMTP_SendEmail($s_SmtpServer, $s_Username, $s_Password, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject = "", $s_Body = "", $s_AttachFiles = "", $s_CcAddress = "", $s_BccAddress = "", $s_Importance = "Normal", $i_IPPort = 25, $b_SSL = False, $b_IsHTMLBody = False, $i_DSNOptions = $g__cdoDSNDefault, $sEMLPath_SaveBefore = '', $sEMLPath_SaveAfter = '')
    ; Clear Error stored information
    _SMTP_COMErrorScriptLine(0)
    _SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber(0)
    _SMTP_COMErrorDescription('')

; Initialize COM Error Handler
    Local $oSMTP_ComErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "__SMTP_COMErrorFunc")
    #forceref $oSMTP_ComErrorHandler

Local $oEmail = ObjCreate("CDO.Message")
    If Not IsObj($oEmail) Then Return SetError($SMTP_ERR_OBJECTCREATION, Dec(_SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber()), _SMTP_COMErrorDescription())

$oEmail.From = '"' & $s_FromName & '" <' & $s_FromAddress & '>'
    $oEmail.To = $s_ToAddress

If $s_CcAddress <> "" Then $oEmail.Cc = $s_CcAddress
    If $s_BccAddress <> "" Then $oEmail.Bcc = $s_BccAddress
    $oEmail.Subject = $s_Subject

; Select whether or not the content is sent as plain text or HTM
    If $b_IsHTMLBody Then
        $oEmail.HTMLBody = $s_Body
    Else
        $oEmail.Textbody = $s_Body & @CRLF
    EndIf

; Add Attachments
    If $s_AttachFiles <> "" Then
        Local $S_Files2Attach = StringSplit($s_AttachFiles, ";")
        For $x = 1 To $S_Files2Attach[0]
            $S_Files2Attach[$x] = _PathFull($S_Files2Attach[$x])
            If FileExists($S_Files2Attach[$x]) Then
                ConsoleWrite('+> File attachment added: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                $oEmail.AddAttachment($S_Files2Attach[$x])
            Else
                ConsoleWrite('!> File not found to attach: ' & $S_Files2Attach[$x] & @LF)
                Return SetError($SMTP_ERR_FILENOTFOUND, 0, 0)
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf

; Set Email Configuration
    $oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing") = $g__cdoSendUsingPort
    $oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = $s_SmtpServer
    If Number($i_IPPort) = 0 Then $i_IPPort = 25
    $oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = $i_IPPort

;Authenticated SMTP
    If $s_Username <> "" Then
        $oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenticate") = $g__cdoBasic
        $oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = $s_Username
        $oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = $s_Password
    EndIf
    $oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Item("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpusessl") = $b_SSL

;Update Configuration Settings
    $oEmail.Configuration.Fields.Update

; Set Email Importance
    Switch $s_Importance
        Case "High", "Normal", "Low"
            $oEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:Importance") = $s_Importance
        Case Else
            ; TODO
    EndSwitch

; Set DSN options
    If $i_DSNOptions <> $g__cdoDSNDefault And $i_DSNOptions <> $g__cdoDSNNever Then
        $oEmail.DSNOptions = $i_DSNOptions
        $oEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:disposition-notification-to") = $s_FromAddress
        $oEmail.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:return-receipt-to") = $s_FromAddress
    EndIf

; Update Importance and Options fields
    $oEmail.Fields.Update

; Saving Message before sending
    If $sEMLPath_SaveBefore <> '' Then _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile($oEmail, $sEMLPath_SaveBefore)

; Sent the Message
    $oEmail.Send
    If @error Then
        Return SetError($SMTP_ERR_SEND, Dec(_SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber()), _SMTP_COMErrorDescription())
    EndIf

; Saving Message after sending
    If $sEMLPath_SaveAfter <> '' Then _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile($oEmail, $sEMLPath_SaveAfter)

; CleanUp
    $oEmail = Null

EndFunc    ;==>_SMTP_SendEmail

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile
; Description ...:
; Syntax ........: _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile(Byref $oMessage, $sFileFullPath[, $sCharset = "US-ASCII"])
; Parameters ....: $oMessage            - [in/out] an object.
;                  $sFileFullPath       - A string value.
;                  $sCharset            - [optional] a string value. Default is "US-ASCII".
; Return values .: None
; Author ........: mLipok
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa488396(v=exchg.65).aspx
; Example .......: No
Func _SMTP_SaveMessageToFile(ByRef $oMessage, $sFileFullPath, $sCharset = "US-ASCII")
    ; Clear Error stored information
    _SMTP_COMErrorScriptLine(0)
    _SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber(0)
    _SMTP_COMErrorDescription('')

; Initialize COM Error Handler
    Local $oSMTP_ComErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "__SMTP_COMErrorFunc")
    #forceref $oSMTP_ComErrorHandler

Local $oStream = ObjCreate("ADODB.Stream")
    $oStream.Open
    $oStream.Type = 2 ; adTypeText
    $oStream.Charset = $sCharset

$oMessage.DataSource.SaveToObject($oStream, "_Stream")

; https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms676152(v=vs.85).aspx
    $oStream.SaveToFile($sFileFullPath, 2) ; adSaveCreateOverWrite = 2

; CleanUp
    $oStream = Null

EndFunc    ;==>_SMTP_SaveMessageToFile
#EndRegion  UDF Functions

#Region UDF Functions - COM Error Handler
Func _SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber($vData = Default)
    Local Static $vReturn = 0
    If $vData <> Default Then $vReturn = $vData
    Return $vReturn
EndFunc    ;==>_SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber

Func _SMTP_COMErrorDescription($sData = Default)
    Local Static $sReturn = ''
    If $sData <> Default Then $sReturn = '### SMTP COM Error: ' & $sData
    Return $sReturn
EndFunc    ;==>_SMTP_COMErrorDescription

Func _SMTP_COMErrorScriptLine($iData = Default)
    Local Static $iReturn = ''
    If $iData <> Default Then $iReturn = $iData
    Return $iReturn
EndFunc    ;==>_SMTP_COMErrorScriptLine

Func __SMTP_COMErrorFunc($oSMTP_COMErrorObject)
    _SMTP_COMErrorHexNumber(Hex($oSMTP_COMErrorObject.number, 8))
    _SMTP_COMErrorDescription(StringStripWS($oSMTP_COMErrorObject.description, 3))
    _SMTP_COMErrorScriptLine($oSMTP_COMErrorObject.scriptline)
EndFunc    ;==>__SMTP_COMErrorFunc
#EndRegion  UDF Functions - COM Error Handler

#Region HELP DOC HINTs
#cs
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526497(v=exchg.10).aspx
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286431
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313775
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302839

DSNOptions Property
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526559(v=exchg.10).aspx

How To Send a Delivery Status Notification by Using CDO for Windows 2000
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/302839

SaveMessageToFile
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa488396(v=exchg.65).aspx

https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9039
    http://www.paulsadowski.com/wsh/cdo.htm
#ce
#EndRegion  HELP DOC HINTs

Did you try to send email to yourself ?

Are you using Gmail account  ?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.10.2017 at 11:18 PM, mLipok said:

Did you try to send email to yourself ?

Are you using Gmail account  ?

Just to let you know that original UDF - OK.

About modified version - image is damaged by using gmail or any external provder. 

So I need to investigate this issue.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers

Both UDF's work fine for me, which make sense as they both are based on the same basic code.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.