Save WhatsApp content to file -- howto?

rudi

Hello.

I fail trying to save content from WhatsApp other then plain text to a file that way, that non-char-content will be preserved in it's correct encoding. e.g. Emojis are spoiled.

I've tried to do so using just filewrite() as well as forcing UTF

#include <clipboard.au3>

MsgBox(0,"Ready to read clipboard","Mark some WhatsApp content with non-char elements, e.g. Emojis, copy that to your clipboard (CTRL+c), then click OK here.")

$ClipContent=_ClipBoard_GetData()
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ClipContent = ' & $ClipContent & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF & "Extended: " & @extended & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console

$File="C:\temp\ClipSaveToFile.txt"

$h=FileOpen($File,2+8+64) ; overwrite, create path, UTF16
FileWrite($h,$ClipContent)
FileClose($h)

$h=FileOpen($File,64)
$NeuGelesen=FileRead($h)
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $NeuGelesen = ' & $NeuGelesen & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF & StringLen ($NeuGelesen) & @CRLF ) ;### Debug Console
FileClose($h)

_ClipBoard_SetData($NeuGelesen)

MsgBox(0,"Done","Re-read content of TEMP file was placed to the clipboard. Now paste this into WhatsApp. (Emojis will be spoiled)")

I've also tried other encodings (16, 32, 64, 512)

Or what is a different, functional approach to save WhatsApp Content to File in a way, to be able to to get it back to post it back to WhatsApp?

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Emoji's are translated by the software into the images, a standard emoji the smiley is just :  ) in text and then converted into :) by the software being used. Unless you're trying to capture the images, you're probably not going to do it with a cut and paste.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

When taking Emojis / Pics / Movies to the clipboard, they can be pasted back to WhatsApp Web without any problem, showing the same shape / content as before.

This is even fact, when using "remote clipboard" (RDP / TeamViewer / etc.) to a different PC taking over the WhatsApp Web Session.

I think it must be possible to "freeze" the clipboard content to a file that way, that it's possible to get back the *IDENTICAL* clipboard content by reading from that file.

I do *NOT* want to see the Emojis etc. in the file!

Regards, Rudi.

Hi.

I've found, that the powershell CMDLET "get-clipboard" / "set-clipboard" doesn't work either.

As well as Autoit, when just reading the clipboard content into a variable, then immediately (without savetofile/readfromfile) place it back to the clipboard. I added a few lines...

#include <clipboard.au3>

MsgBox(0,"Ready to read clipboard","Mark some WhatsApp content with non-char elements, e.g. Emojis, copy that to your clipboard (CTRL+c), then click OK here.")

$ClipContent=_ClipBoard_GetData()
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ClipContent = ' & $ClipContent & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF & "Extended: " & @extended & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console

$File="C:\temp\ClipSaveToFile.txt"

$h=FileOpen($File,2+8+512) ; overwrite, create path, UTF16
FileWrite($h,$ClipContent)
FileClose($h)

$h=FileOpen($File,512)
$NeuGelesen=FileRead($h)
ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $NeuGelesen = ' & $NeuGelesen & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF & StringLen ($NeuGelesen) & @CRLF ) ;### Debug Console
FileClose($h)

_ClipBoard_SetData($NeuGelesen)

MsgBox(0,"Done","Re-read content of TEMP file was placed to the clipboard. Now paste this into WhatsApp. (Emojis will be spoiled)")

_ClipBoard_SetData($ClipContent)

MsgBox(0,"Old Content","old Clipboard Content is placed to your clipboard (still spoilend)")

Any suggestions howto retrieve and drop back the *EXACT* content from/to the clipboard are appreciated, TIA, Rudi.

Hello,

I just found this freeware tool.

http://www.freeclipboardviewer.com/windowsclipboard.html

It's displaying / saving / reading the Clipboard Content to / from files nicely *WITHOUT* spoiling non-char-content including emojis

So I believe, these tasks should be possible using Autoit as well?

Regards, Rudi.

The default format for _Clipboard_GetData is text, so you're only going to get text from it. Just as if you were pasting the contents to Notepad or Scite, if you see something in a CTRL-V in Scite, that's not in the data returned from _Clipboard_GetData then show us the two examples so we can see what you're seeing.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• 3 weeks later...