Choose components to install

I have some junky software that requires mouse & keyboard input to install.  There are four different segments to this script.  Is there a way that I can modify this script to start out with a prompt to choose which components to install?  Something like a "Select all" or I can choose only components 2,3, and 4.

Other question, is there a way to handle the Windows Security notification that sometimes pops up?  I have that commented out in line 26 because it's easier to click it manually that include it and have the process hang if the notification does not appear.

Thank you!

VinylCutterInstall.txt

• Developers
5 minutes ago, Patricka317 said:

Is there a way that I can modify this script to start out with a prompt to choose which components to install?

Sure, just add a GUI with some checkboxes. Check the hepfile for the details.
Why did you attach your script as a .txt file in stead of .au3   or simply posting the lines in a code box by selecting <>  at the top of the editor?

As to your second question, Just simply wait the time it could appear for it and if it doesn't then continue without any action.  Check out the Timeout parameter of WinWait and how to test for its result in the helpfile.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

4 minutes ago, Jos said:

Why did you attach your script as a .txt file in stead of .au3   or simply posting the lines in a code box by selecting <>  at the top of the editor?

I know I'm cautious opening attachments that could be executables from strangers on the internet.  Figure if anyone else out there has the same caution, a txt is a little more friendly

Edited by Jos