Sign in to follow this  
ags911

Detect Resolution and change coordinates using elseif statements

I have a script that has to work on multiple resolutions but each resolution has slightly different co-ordinates due to automatic UI scaling. I have had to make separate files for each but would like to implement them all in one script. I have a similar program written for Java which uses else if statements to use different co-ordinates for each resolution after it has been detected. I'm not good with Java so I would like to implement this on AutoIt before later making a Java version.

This is a snippet of the autoit code I have.

ToolTip("1 - Search")
MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.823, @DesktopHeight *0.925, 1, 25)

ToolTip("2 - Buy Now")
MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.83, @DesktopHeight *0.798, 1, 27)

ToolTip("3 - OK")
MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.555, @DesktopHeight *0.596, 1, 15)

ToolTip("4 - OK Clear Error")
MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.49, @DesktopHeight *0.597, 1, 30)

ToolTip("5 - Back to Search")
MouseClick("Left", @DesktopWidth *0.161, @DesktopHeight *0.108, 1, 15)

This is a snippet of a java code I used.

Thanks.

private static void goToSearch(double maxX, double maxY, Robot bot) throws InterruptedException {

int currentX = 0;

int currentY = 0;

if (maxX == 2650 && maxY == 1440) {

currentX = 734;

currentY = 1316;

} else if (maxX == 1920 && maxY == 1200) {

currentX = 551;

currentY = 1096;

} else if (maxX == 1920 && maxY == 1080) {

currentX = 551;

currentY = 1042;

} else if (maxX == 1680 && maxY == 1050) {

currentX = 482;

currentY = 959;

} else if (maxX == 1440 && maxY == 900) {

currentX = 413;

currentY = 822;

} else if (maxX == 1366 && maxY == 768) {

currentX = 392;

currentY = 741;

} else if (maxX == 1280 && maxY == 800) {

currentX = 367;

currentY = 731;

@ags911 can you please explain what your end goal is with the AutoIt script? There is almost certainly a much better way of accomplishing what you're after than with unreliable MouseClicks based on screen resolution (as you are finding out).

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks for the reply. Please find the file attached. The mouse interacts with different elements onscreen of an online game via google chrome. Do you have anything in mind? The elements change and scale slightly for each resolution so I've had to compile a different script for each. The idea was that I could put everything into one simple script that detects the monitor resolution and automatically uses the script for that resolution.

PAB Forum - 1920 x 1080 - Speed (Slow).au3

Unfortunately, you seem to have missed the forum rules during your time here. Please read them now, especially the part on game automation, and you will see why this thread is now locked.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By shelly
      I have to press tab to reach a selected button then double click on that
      Here's my script but its not working:
      WinActivate("Policy Decisions -- Webpage Dialog","")
      Sleep(3000)
      Send("{TAB}")
      Send("{TAB}")
      Send("{TAB}")                    // at this point its working according to my need  but double click is not working
      Mouseclick("Left",510, 320, 2, 0)

• By cruisepandey
      Hi There ! 
      I have a script here : 

;Launch CMD
      Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
      sleep(2000)
      $cmdHandle = WinActivate("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
      Sleep(2000)
      ;Sending document
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "ftp" & @CRLF)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "open" & @CRLF)
      Sleep(2000)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "first command" & @CRLF)
      Sleep(2000)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "second-coomand" & @CRLF)

first-command and second-command I can't provide cause it's internal. I have complied this .au3 file into an exe and it does the work. But I need to invoke this with Java. Java code I have tried is : 

ProcessBuilder pb = new ProcessBuilder("C:\\Users\\username\\eclipse-workspace\\Examples\\src\\com\\own\\examples\\etc.exe");
          pb.start();
          Thread.sleep(5000);

Through java it just launches the cmd and nothing happens after that. Please help !!
    • By newbie2019
      Cannot find example how to locate taskbar icon coordinates or position by window handle.
      I want to use PixelChecksum to check only rectangle area over specified taskbar item.
      Please help.
      What I already have found and succesfully run for whole taskbar area:
      $taskbar = WinGetHandle("[Class:Shell_TrayWnd]") $taskbarPos = WinGetPos($taskbar) $tasklistPos = ControlGetPos($taskbar, "", "[CLASS:MSTaskListWClass; INSTANCE:1]")  $iOldCheckSum = PixelChecksum($taskbarPos[0] + $tasklistPos[0], $taskbarPos[1] + $tasklistPos[1], $taskbarPos[0] + $tasklistPos[2], $taskbarPos[1] + $tasklistPos[3]);
      I know also that I can pass window handle as parameter to PixelChecksum, but don't know how to do this with taskbar icon.

Also I was able to find something similar but seems outdated: WatchWindows

__
      thanks in advance
    • By lunarlattice
      Hi All,
      I am trying to login into our application using AutoIT. When I launch the application a splash screen appears and the login screen goes behind it. At this point the script pauses and I loose control of everything. I have literally tried everything for the past two days but nothing has worked yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      RunWait("\\mchsv411.siplaceworld.net\splmshare\int00\conf\start_apps\windows\start_nx110.bat en portal_client int00 tc112", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
      AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 200)
      Local $hWnd = WinWaitActive("Teamcenter Login")
      MouseClick("left", @DesktopWidth / 2, @DesktopHeight / 2)
      The splash screen has title "Teamcenter" and is static.
      I tried to click on the center to get control of login window.
      I have tried WinActivate, WinSetState, ControlCommand and a lot of other things.
    • By lonardd
      Hi,
      I have a very strange problem concerning MouseClick function.
      I need to start Control Panel, navigate it on the Display Section (Adjust screen resolution link), click on it, and from the next Dialog choose Intel Graphic tool tab and navigate into it when it opens. 
      I wasn't using MouseClick() at first when I tried to use Control IDs, but I was fed up with the Autoit Window Info poor and inaccurate info (It flickers and the moment I click on the control the control ID and class disappear) so I ended up choosing the easiest way.
      The code I'm posting worked OK until two weeks ago, the mouse clicks were accurately performed and the Script reached the end with no errors...and I was happy.
      All of a sudden, between one try and the other, I noticed the cursor not flying exactly where it was supposed to, namely to the Control Panel ->Display->Adjust screen resolution link   but it clicked some 30 pixels below and some 30 pixels to the left, choosing obviously and undesired function and from that point it screwed the whole thing up. And from that moment onward, it seems I can no longer regain the mouse to click on that sequence.
      Could it be because my Control Panel ->Display form moved slightly from one test to another and therefore I got that small offside?
      If you believe this is the reason, I should then re position the Control Panel ->Display window to 0,0 and recalculate all the clicks. 
      do you have a suggestion?

Thanks a lot
      Dave

RotateDisplays.au3