Sign in to follow this  
Gowrisankar

How to read PDF file that is opening in IE.

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a task where, a PDF file is opened (in IE browser) when I click a link in a website.

I have to read the first page of the PDF to find particular strings. Can you please share some ideas?

Edited by Gowrisankar
Typo

2 hours ago, Danp2 said:

Use InetGet to download the file. Then manipulate it outside of the browser.

@Danp2 Thanks a lot. Is there anyway to convert pdf to notepad without any external softwares? Or is there anyway to read pdf line by line without external softwares?

Sry for interrupting, after so much time has passed for this thread, but you ought to use some third-tier online tool to open the file - that's the very way it works for IE so far. I use this one for editing w9 and other fillable pdf forms, but it's paid. If you weren't considering purchase anything for such purpose, there's online Adobe Reader version

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MakzNovice
      Hello Experts,
      I have Zero experience with Autoit + Adobe Acrobat, and I really in need to get this working as PoC.
      I am trying to automate some manual actions below are the steps I would like to do.
      INPUT to script : 
      1. PDF file to open
      2. String that I would like to add as \\Server\Directory name
      Steps : 
      1. Open the file in Adobe Acrobat Pro
      2. Browse to View > Tools > Send For Review > Open (see image 1)
      3. On the launched tool bar click on "Send for Shared Connecting" (see image 2)
      4. Next select option "Automatically Collect comments on my..." in dropdown and click 'Next' (see image 3)
      5. Select radiobutton "Network folder" and paste the input "\\Server\Directory" in text field and click 'Next' (see image 4)
      Experts, I would really appreciate a quick script which I can run and get rolling.
      Please note, I would not likwe to rely on MouseClick and/or cordinates match approach.
      PLEASE SUPPORT!!!!
      Makz
      **********************************************************************************************************
      Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

• By moimon
      Hi all. 
      Sorry if my words are confusing because I am not good at English.
      I am writing code to embed website with Recaptcha in GUI. And then, the code will automatically press the "I'm not a robot" button. The problem here is:
         - The code still works fine when entering iFrame to interact with Recaptcha with the URL is "https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/demo"
      <snip>

- But for other URLs (such as "https://recaptcha-demo.appspot.com/recaptcha-v2-checkbox.php"), the code cannot be entered into the iframe.

Code:
      <snip>  
      I did a lot of research but didn't know why.
       I sincerely thanks for the help. 
    • By jitendriya
      Hi every one .
      I want to read a pdf file and write into a excel using autoit , so how can i do this with out using third party server please tell me .
      Thank you..
    • By SkysLastChance
      I am pretty sure the site that I am using was updated and now I am not seeing the same tags/elements that I used to. I tried using a UIAspy to see if I could grab them that way with no luck. 
      What do I need to do to be able to automate this again. Are the elements hidden somewhere?
      Instead of highlighting established account is highlights all of the web page almost. How can I get to the detail again? 
      I used to grab establish account by the name. Now I have nothing to even try to grab. 
      There are not elements in the event viewer either. 

This is what happens when I try to inspect the element and click established account. 
      I get the same type of results in chrome