How to read PDF file that is opening in IE.

QuickPDF UDF this should allow you to get what you need from PDF. You may need commercial license for Adobe or whatever, not sure. I found this with a simple Google search too.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

• 10 months later...

Sry for interrupting, after so much time has passed for this thread, but you ought to use some third-tier online tool to open the file - that's the very way it works for IE so far. I use this one for editing w9 and other fillable pdf forms, but it's paid. If you weren't considering purchase anything for such purpose, there's online Adobe Reader version

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sachs
      I have a few questions:
      BACKGROUND
      I am using Oracle Application Testing Suite's OpenScript 13 (Eclipse IDE), Oracle Java 6, and AutoIt.
      My goal is to access a given Internet Explorer browser window (`$ieTitle`), send the keystroke of "shift-control-s" for "Save As" functionality to be invoked, so that I can download a (PDF) file to a given location ($fileName).
      The code within the script `DownloadPdfFile.au3` is
      $ieTitle = $CmdLine[1] $ieControl = "AVL_AVView31" $fileName = $CmdLine[2] ControlFocus($ieTitle, "", $ieControl) ControlSend($ieTitle, "", $ieControl, "+^s") ; Save as dialog $winTitle = "Save As" ; wait for Save As window WinWait($winTitle) ; activate Save As window If Not WinActive($winTitle) Then WinActivate($winTitle) ControlFocus($winTitle,"","Edit1") ControlSetText($winTitle,"","Edit1",$fileName) Sleep(2000) ControlClick($winTitle,"","Button3") Exit 0 So I compiled it with SciTE-Lite (32-bit Version 4.4.6 , creating `DownloadPdfFile.exe`, and so within my Java code, I have
      String command = autoItExePath + " " + scriptPath + " \"" + winTitle + "\" " + directoryPath.toFile().toString() + "\\Form9Report" + sdf_ddmmmyyyy.format(new Date()) + ".pdf"; try { Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command); process.waitFor(); } catch (Exception e) { logger.error("Exception " + e.getMessage(), e); } The output would be like `C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe C:\...\AutoItScripts\DownloadPdfFile.au3 "https://****.com/****.exe?temp_id=**** - Internet Explorer" C:\...\Report05Apr2022.pdf"` which does run without the $cmdLine successfully. 
      When executed by Java, I see in the taskbar an icon, which I right-click has "[Check] Script Paused" and "Exit".
      Questions:
      (1) How do I unpause the script?
      (2) How do I avoid having the script paused?
      Any help is appreciated.
    • By Steviep
      Hi all,
      I've been using the following code for many years for the sole purpose of tracking my app usage via Google Analytics:
      ;GOOGLE ANALYTICS $AppStatsName = @ScriptName $GA = _IECreate("https://mywebserver/apps/stats/" & $AppStatsName & ".html", 0, 0, 0, 0) The app simply calls a blank .html page on my webserver which only contains the GA tracking code.
      The $iVisible parameter is set to "0" in my case, which means the IE browser is invisible to the user.
      I noticed in Windows 11, the URL is called in the Edge browser and is not invisible.
      So, I wonder if anyone out there has any suggestions on calling a URL invisibly on any operating system?
      Thanks!
    • By ghetek
      Hi everybody!
      Apache Solr is an awesome search server that allows you to search through petabytes of data in milliseconds. It is used by many large organizations. It's kind of like MySQL with search in mind. 
      If you would like to get started, download Apache Solr and run the example command, "bin/solr start -e techproducts"
      Now the example in the UDF should work. I am looking for any advice at all before I post this into the examples area.
      here is a walkthrough of what is happening in the example
      Func Example() Local $sHost = '127.0.0.1', $sPort = 8983, $sContainer = 'techproducts', $sWow64 = "" If @AutoItX64 Then $sWow64 = "\Wow6432Node" Local $dir_autoit = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE" & $sWow64 & "\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir") Local $st_URL = 'http://' & $sHost & ':' & $sPort & '/solr/' & $sContainer ;First lets see if its running, start if it is not If _solr_Webping($st_URL) = -1 Then _solr_cmdstart($SOLR_HOME, $sContainer) ;Enable stream overlay so that we can send commands via URL _solr_enablestreamoverlay($st_URL) ;delete the example data _solr_Webdelall($st_URL, True) ;Lets define some values for a document Local $aPairs[5][2] = [ _ [4, Default], _ ['literal.id', 5], _ ['literal.value_s', 'anything'], _ ['literal.resourcename', 'API Errors Constants'], _ ['literal.indextime_dt',_solr_tnow()]] ;now package up the document with the values _Solr_uploadPkg($dir_autoit & '\Include\APIErrorsConstants.au3', $st_URL, $aPairs, Null, 'commit=true&overrideLiterals=true') ;whoops, lets make a change to a single field _solr_Webupdate($st_URL, '[{"id":"' & 5 & '","value_s" : {"set":"something"}}]') ;and commit that change _solr_Webcommit($st_URL) ;we can also upload files from the SimplePostTool _solr_jarpost($SOLR_HOME & '\example\exampledocs\post.jar', $sContainer, $dir_autoit & '\Include\GuiListView.au3', 'literal.id=6&literal.cat=Help Files&commit=true') ;now we can query for something Local $qry_response = _solr_Webselect($st_URL, 'q=$ERROR_VOLSNAP_PREPARE_HIBERNATE') Local $json_response = Json_Encode($qry_response) json_dump($json_response) ConsoleWrite(json_get($qry_response, '.response.docs[0].content[0]') & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>Example  
      Thank you for your time!
      solr.au3 Json.au3 BinaryCall.au3
    • By walec
      Hello
      How can I export a sheet to pdf using the OOoCalc.au3 UDF?
      Thank you for any hints or possibly other solutions / functions.
    • By mLipok
      ; #INDEX# =======================================================================================================================
      ; Title .........: UDF for "Debenu Quick PDF Library"
      ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.10.2++
      ; Language ......: English
      ; Description ...: A collection of functions for Debenu Quick PDF Library
      ; Author(s) .....: mLipok
      ; Modified ......:
      ; ===============================================================================================================================
      Release note:

Erratum v0.7:

Forum link: