AutoIt Malfunction While the Window is minimised.

Hi All,

I am very new to AutoIT. I am using AutoIT in a test server and I remote connect to the server from my PC.

I have a piece of AutoIt script which works fine when I have the Server window open in my PC.

But when I minimized the Server Window, AutoIT commits mistake by typing ";" instead of typing ":"

Simple example: The script Opens command Prompt and type "D:"

But when the Server window (Scheduled to run the Job) is minimized, it typed "D;" and command prompt could not fund the command ";"

Please Note IT works fine when the Server Window is open in my PC.

I have attached the script for better reference.

#Include <GuiTab.au3>
#Include <File.au3>
run("cmd.exe")
winwait("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe","",0)
sleep(1000)
ControlSend("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe", "", "", "D:")
sleep(1000)
ControlSend("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe", "", "", "{Enter}")
sleep(1000)
Exit

Send wouldn't work, the window has to be active for Send to work with it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Glad I'm not the only one that's having this issue. Same issue but different area/window.  Doesn't seem to happen all the time but when it does it's always in the same spot for me.  I've tried the following 3 options in hopes of not running into this issue randomly but it still get sometimes. 1. ControlSend 2. Send or 3. Clipget/put
Instead of a DOS window that's minimized like yours, mines a dialog box for an Apache install. Basically attempting to choose a custom install path of C:\Apache.

The thing I find interesting is that it's never done this on a physical workstation. It only seems to happen randomly for me while testing on virtual PCs. So in a way i'm also remoted in like you are. Another thing to note, my dialog box isn't minimized but I do have splash image that blocks most views of the installer.  

I would also like to know why AutoIT is sending ; instead of : at times. I can't seem to reproduce it every time in my instance. Curious if it'll do the same for me if I try this on minimized windows on my VM.

• Developers

Do the applications (Active and Background) have different keyboards defined of different Shift states?

Maybe something to read: 

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 5 years later...
  • Developers
2 hours ago, Sharath said:

did anyone has solution for this...when VM minimized or not launched autoIT not working

How is this question (after 5 years) relevant to this thread?
Create your own thread and be way more specific about your goals/issues and what you have that isn't working!

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Jos locked this topic