Not sure if this is possible or if someone has already tackled this. Is it possible to embed PowerShell into a GUI? Autoit is great for quick function but sometime I need to run a command thru PowerShell. It be great to have PowerShell console embedded into the gui.

What exactly do you mean by "embed into the gui"? You want to display the results of a PowerShell script called by the AutoIt script in a GUI?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-10-24 - Version 1.4.14.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2019-11-07 - Version 1.3.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

If it is only sometimes to run commands through:  you could present literally any edit control (of course BGcolor of blue with leading characters of "PS " & @ScriptDir & ">") , capture the text and pass it to powershell.exe, and then present the data powershell returns in that edit control in any way you wish to format it along the way.

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Actually embedding the ISE into the gui. 

I've tried it that way @iamtheky . The issue I ran into is my PS profile has to load all my custom functions each time I run a command. I could use the -noprofile with the PowerShell but some of the custom function i use in PS is what i would need access to. If its possible to embed the PS console I would only have to load the profile once. And I can quickly run a command.  

Would be great to fuse both Autoit automation functions with a PS console and use one tool. If it's not possible, no worries. 

You could just run powershell -noexit when you fire up the GUI.  You can still want/prefer the ISE, but that first sentence cant be why; and either solution leaves a session open the whole time.

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By secman
      Hi,
      I have an issue with a script being used for a Toddler group register. 
      I list the kids, with their carer and additional carer in ComboLists so a number of carers can be registered per kid. 
      When page down to a second page of kids, the carers are correctly displayed but when I roll the mouse over the combo boxes it reverts to those on the first page.
      I am using the following style codes with the combo boxes - BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN, $CBS_SIMPLE) and they are only holding 2 or 3 entries.
      Here is the code for the pagedisplay function which is called for each line of the registration page (10 lines, currently 55 kid records)) 
      Func PageDisp($L)
      ;Clears display once all records displayed
          If $L > $KidsFound Then
              $Label2[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel(" ", 75, $v, 280, 29)
              $Label352[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 1040, $v, 100, 29)
              $Label152[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 380, $v, 220, 29)
              $Label252[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",  650, $v, 220, 29);
              Return
          Endif
          $Kid2d = $Kid1d[$L] ; sets value to find additional carers
      If $Kid1a[$L] <> "" then
          $Label2[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("(" & $L & ")" & $Kid1a[$L] & " " & $Kid1b[$L] , 75, $v, 280, 29)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 400, 0, "Segoe UI")
              If $Kid1e[$L] <> "" then
                  $Combo[$L] = GUICtrlCreateCombo("(" & $L & ")"  & $Kid1e[$L], 380, $v, 220, 29, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN, $CBS_SIMPLE ))
                  GUICtrlSetData(-1, $Kid1e[$L] & "|" & $Kid1f[$L], $Kid1e[$L])
                  GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 400, 0, "Segoe UI")
                  GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF)
                  $Label352[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($Kid1c[$L], 1040, $v, 100, 29)
                  if $Kid1f[$L] <> "" then
                      FindCarer($Kid2d) ;finds additional carers 
                      $Combo2[$L] = GUICtrlCreateCombo("(" & $L & ")" & "",  650, $v, 220, 29, BitOR($CBS_DROPDOWN,$CBS_SIMPLE ))
                      GUICtrlSetData(-1, $Combo2List[$L], "")
                      If StringRight($Kid1e[$L],3) = "[L]" Then
                          $Label152[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 380, $v, 220, 29)
                          $Label252[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Leader",  650, $v, 220, 29);
                          GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x0000FF)
                      Endif
                  Else
                      $Label252[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("(" & $L & ")" & " No Additional Carers",  650, $v, 220, 29);
                  EndIf
              EndIf
              CheckReg()
              If $Kid1c[$L] = "Registered" Then
                  $Label52[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($Kid1c[$L], 1040, $v, 100, 29)
                  $Label152[$L] =GUICtrlCreateLabel ($Kid1f[$L],  650, $v, 220, 29);
                  GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 400, 0, "Segoe UI")
                  If StringRight($Kid1e[$L],3) = "[L]" Then
                      $Label252[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 380, $v, 220, 29)
                      $Label152[$L] = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Leader",  650, $v, 220, 29);
                      GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x0000FF)
                  Endif
              Endif
          Endif
      EndFunc
      I hope someone can point me in the right direction as I can't see how this is happening
      Many thanks 
    • By Fenzik
      Hello,
      i searched the forum for something near, but with no success...
      I have Combobox control with $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST style with some items (for example (one, two, nine).
      When i want to select the item, using keyboard, the items are selected only on First letter base (for example when i type "on", Nine is selected).
      Is there some trick to force the combobox with $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST style to accept more than the First letter during selecting the items from the list?
      Mi wanted result is the same as for example - when you type "fir" on the desktop, Firefox is automatically selected.
      Thank you so much.
      Fenzik
    • By t0nZ
      Often I need to create a panel to monitor a lot of things (users, files, items etc) so I use this piece of code to create a dynamic grid of buttons.
      The number of buttons is variable, and it's related to the size of the gui. 
      Every "button" is a set of three with a real button stacked on the top of two labels, imagine reading a .CSV file or an array or a database and displaying all the things using the labels (Text and COLOR too) and clickin' on the relative button you can call further info on the item or call a particular function.
      So you can decide the number of the buttons, the width of the buttons, and also the distance  between buttons.
      It's quick and dirty, simple  and very improvable (I know..) so fell free to play with the code.

;TEST ;GOL-Grill ;Grill test/template ; (c) 2019 NSC ; V.0.5 #Region ;************ Includes ************ #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <ProgressConstants.au3> #include <_GOLLOG.au3>; NSC first UDF #EndRegion ;************ Includes ************ Dim $agButton[1] Global $ButtonU, $rProgress, $form1, $labeltot, $ntotButtonS Global $guiwidth = 850, $guiheight = 500, $buttonW = 150 ; SMALL GUI / BIG BUTTONS ;Global $guiwidth = 1500, $guiheight = 1000, $buttonW = 45 ; BIG GUI / SMALL BUTTONS <- try it ! Global $ver = "V.0.5" Gollog(">>>>> START") Dim $aResult[11] = [10, "a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f", "g", "h", "i", "j"] Gui() Gollog("start analyzing...") Monitor() While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE CLOSEClicked() Exit Case $ButtonU Monitor() Case Else For $i = 1 To $ntotButtonS If $nMsg = $agButton[$i] Then $Bhit = GUICtrlRead($agButton[$i]) infoB($Bhit) EndIf Next EndSwitch WEnd Func Gui() $form1 = GUICreate("Test Griglia " & $ver & " (c) NSC 2019", $guiwidth, $guiheight, 90, 10) $ButtonU = GUICtrlCreateButton("Update", 2, 2, 170, 50) $labeltot = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Total found", 5, 55) $Gollogedit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 2, $guiheight - 255, 180, 250, BitOR($ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL, $ES_WANTRETURN, $WS_BORDER)) $rProgress = GUICtrlCreateProgress($guiwidth - 18, 5, 16, $guiheight - 7, BitOR($PBS_SMOOTH, $PBS_VERTICAL, $WS_BORDER)) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) EndFunc ;==>Gui Func Monitor() GUIDelete($form1) Gui() $leftSTART = 186 ;left align $topSTART = 5 ;start from top $lineDOWN = 53 ; line distance $extraHSTEP = 5 ; extra line distance $buttonSEMIH = 15 ; height of one of the 3 vertical impiled semibuttons $separatorSEMIH = 2 ;vertical distance between 3 semibuttons $buttonDistance = 7 ;horizontal distance between buttons $separatorW = 2 ;aux horizontal distance ;---------- derived measures $rightLIMIT = $guiwidth - 123 ; right limit befor Carriage Return $leftINCREMENT = $buttonDistance + $buttonW ; horizontal increment button after button $leftSTEP = $leftSTART ;incremental horizontal $topSTEP = $topSTART ;incremental vertical $foundB = $aResult[0] GUICtrlSetData($labeltot, "Found n°" & $foundB) $ntotButtonS = 0 $nomorebuttons = 0 For $i = 1 To $foundB Local $itemFound = $aResult[$i] ;\TA1000 Gollog($itemFound) GUICtrlCreateGroup('', $leftSTEP, $topSTEP - 3, $buttonW + 3, 50) ;______first-----------------------------_______line___________________UNO________11111_____\\\\\\\\\\------------ Local $textbutton = "button n°" & $i _ArrayAdd($agButton, GUICtrlCreateButton($textbutton, $leftSTEP + $separatorSEMIH, $topSTEP + $extraHSTEP, $buttonW, $buttonSEMIH, $BS_flat)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xccffcc) ;green, sort of GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 7, -1, -1, 'verdana') GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) ;___second__________line___________________DUE ________222222-------------------------------------------------------------------- Local $textLINE2 = $itemFound GUICtrlCreateLabel($textLINE2, $leftSTEP + $separatorW, $topSTEP + $buttonSEMIH + $separatorSEMIH, $buttonW, $buttonSEMIH, BitOR($SS_CENTER, $SS_CENTERIMAGE)) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xD2D7A8) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 7, -1, -1, 'verdana') GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) ; __third______line________tre___________________________________________________________333333-3333333-333333333-333333-33333-33333-3333-------------------------------- Local $textLINE3 = "line3" GUICtrlCreateLabel($textLINE3, $leftSTEP + $separatorW, $topSTEP + $buttonSEMIH + $buttonSEMIH + $separatorSEMIH, $buttonW, $buttonSEMIH, BitOR($SS_CENTER, $SS_CENTERIMAGE)) ; NSC modify GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 7, -1, -1, 'verdana') GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000) $ntotButtonS += 1 GUICtrlSetData($rProgress, (100 * $ntotButtonS / $foundB)) If $leftSTEP + $buttonW < $rightLIMIT Then ; $leftSTEP += $leftINCREMENT ;53 Else $leftSTEP = $leftSTART $topSTEP += $lineDOWN If $topSTEP >= $guiheight - 50 Then $nomorebuttons = 1 Gollog("displayed " & $ntotButtonS & " buttons") Gollog("NO more buttons !") EndIf EndIf Sleep(300) ; REMOVE is only for demo Next While $nomorebuttons = 0 ; draw empty buttons (nice to do) $ntotButtonS += 1 _ArrayAdd($agButton, GUICtrlCreateButton("B-" & $ntotButtonS, $leftSTEP + $separatorSEMIH, $topSTEP + $extraHSTEP, $buttonW, $buttonSEMIH, $BS_flat)) If $leftSTEP + $buttonW < $rightLIMIT Then ; $leftSTEP += $leftINCREMENT Else $leftSTEP = $leftSTART $topSTEP += $lineDOWN If $topSTEP >= $guiheight - 50 Then $nomorebuttons = 1 Gollog("displayed " & $ntotButtonS & " buttons") Gollog("NO more buttons !") EndIf EndIf WEnd GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) EndFunc ;==>Monitor Func infoB($Bhit) ; this function act on the pressed button, it's an example so assign the task you need. gollog("infoB -> " & $Bhit) EndFunc ;==>infoB Func CLOSEClicked() MsgBox(64, "exit", "program exiting", 1) Gollog("<---STOP") Exit EndFunc ;==>CLOSEClicked You will need also the Include from this post for the LOG (Gollog) instructions, but you can also just remove the gollog and the EDIT box.
      Look at the screenshot, It's from an APP made using this code.

• By JLogan3o13
      There are a number of posts on the forum regarding use of Selenium in AutoIt. I recently had a go at using the PowerShell Selenium module, and was amazed at how easy it is. Thought I would post an example here; if anyone is interested this could probably be incorporated into AutoIt code pretty easily. 
      Pre-Req - The true star of this script is the ChroPath extension, available for Edge, Chrome and FireFox. With it installed, you just click on the element, select Inspect, and then ChroPath generates the XPath to the element for you. Here is an example based on a simple form I created on one of my sites.
      $myForm = Start-SeChrome -StartURL "http://logancomputerser.com/Appointment.html" -Maximized $firstName = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_First']" $lastName = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_Last']" $address = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_Street1']" $city = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_City']" $zip = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_Zip']" $state = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//select[@id='formElement_State']" $phoneDay = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_DaytimePhone']" $phoneNight = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_EveningPhone']" $email = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_liamE']" $user = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_48564']" $pw = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='formElement_f403c']" $submit = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='wstForm_Contact_Submit']" $reset = Find-SeElement -Driver $myForm -Timeout 30 -XPath "//input[@id='wstForm_Contact_Reset']" Send-SeKeys -Element $firstName -Keys "Joe" Send-SeKeys -Element $lastName -Keys "Blow" Send-SeKeys -Element $address -Keys "111 S. Main St." Send-SeKeys -Element $city -Keys "AnyCity" Send-SeKeys -Element $zip -Keys "90210" Send-SeKeys -Element $state -Keys "CA" Send-SeKeys -Element $phoneDay -Keys "555.867.5309" Send-SeKeys -Element $phoneNight -Keys "555.888.1212" Send-SeKeys -Element $email -Keys "1Adam12@gmail.com" Send-SeKeys -Element $user -Keys "JBlow" Send-SeKeys -Element $pw -Keys "MyPassword" Start-Sleep 1 Invoke-SeClick -Element $submit Stop-SeDriver -Driver $myForm  
      As mentioned, this is just another way to skin the cat, but I found it a pretty fast way to initiate some easy testing in Selenium, and have used it a couple of times in projects now, both straight through PowerShell and wrapped in AutoIt.
    • By therks
      I'm trying to implement a scrolling list of controls. I have it sort of working using the GUIScrollBars_Ex UDF by @Melba23 found here. I also want to be able to tab through the controls, which I have accomplished by adding $WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT to the child GUI. The problem is that with that style applied, the scrollbar doesn't act like a scrollbar, instead it acts as a title bar to the child GUI letting you drag the it around (and you can even "maximize" it by double clicking).
      Any ideas?
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include "GUIScrollbars_Ex.au3" $iButtonCount = 30 $hParent = GUICreate('Example', 300, 230) $hChild = GUICreate('', 300, 200, 0, 0, BitOR($WS_CHILD, $WS_TABSTOP), $WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT, $hParent) For $i = 0 To $iButtonCount GUICtrlCreateButton('Button in list', 0, $i*30, 300, 30) Next GUISwitch($hParent) GUICtrlCreateButton('More Buttons', 0, 200, 150, 30) GUICtrlCreateButton('More Buttons', 150, 200, 150, 30) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hParent) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hChild) _GUIScrollbars_Generate($hChild, 100, $iButtonCount * 30+20) While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE WEnd